New monitor

Totalwar89

Evening all I have a rx5700xt gpu paired with a ryzen 7 3800x I need a new monitor as the one I have is only a 60 hz refresh rate. I want a 144hz but not sure whether a 1080p or 1440 is better and also what make and model is best to get sorry for a noob question but im a pc beginner as you can probably tell by the fact I have a 60 hz monitor 😂

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
This has been covered many times, the ideal spot for PC gamers is considered to be 1440p at 144hz or thereabouts-

Totalwar89

This has been covered many times, the ideal spot for PC gamers is considered to be 1440p at 144hz or thereabouts-

Ok thanks for the advice👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No worries, plus side to 1440p is that the monitors dont always kill your bank account. The only snag is that you've got an AMD card so I couldnt say what your fps would be like driving two monitors
With a dual monitor setup, it’s only graphically demaning on the primary monitor as you do t use the secondary for gaming, the 5700xt will manage about 90fps on a 1440p 144hz screen. You need to factor in a few basics, freesync has to be present, makes such a huge positive impact it’s not worth getting one without.

Totalwar89

Morning all I'm buying a new monitor cant decide between the mag optix 322cqr or the 321cqr or the older version the cqrv all this stuff baffles me I want the best deal to be able to game at 1440p please help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
300-400 pounds
That's a healthy budget.

While the MSI's are good for the money, they're a bit old now and there may be better options at the same price.

What we want to factor in if we can at the budget is Freesync, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and low response time.

This is the panel at that budget that I keep coming back to, reason being is it includes HDR10 support which is normally only found in panels significantly more expensive, it's an Asus Tuf, 32" with Freesync Premium so will work with either AMD or NVidia GPU's. It basically matches all the specs of the MSI, but includes full HDR10 support which is well worth it:

In case you're not familiar with HDR, there's a good summary here, HDR10 is the top tier of HDR:

While the MSI claims it's "HDR Ready", it's actually only 300 nits of brightness, whereas 400 nits is the lowest tier to classify as basic HDR. HDR10 is 1000 nits, so major difference!