New PC arrived, Steam installed and GTA V downloading ...

TCO

The new PC arrived yesterday but, due to other commitments, didn't really get a chance to play with it. But I've got some time this evening, so downloading some games ...

Downloading GTA-V.png

This PC is a bit of a beast, so think gaming performance should be pretty good.

New PC - Device Manager.png

Windows Task Manager.png

First time I've (personally) seen a 7.9 in WEI as well.

Windows+Experience+Index.png

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Sweet!! I'm jealous! Hopefully not too much longer for me now, 6th working day and counting!

You going to take any pics of the actual rig or?

Either way happy gaming!

TCO

Sweet!! I'm jealous! Hopefully not too much longer for me now, 6th working day and counting!

You going to take any pics of the actual rig or?

Either way happy gaming!

It's sat under my desk at the moment - got another HD to install, just waiting for a SATA cable, so will work on my desk and take a few pics then. And hope yours arrives soon. :)

Nice, what GPU did you get?

We have a PCS gta clan if you want to join :)

I got a GTX Titan X and briefly fired up Bioshock Infinite at 2560 x 1440 on Ultra settings and it looked great and ran smoothly.

A PCS GTA clan, sounds interesting - do you have to be any good at the game though? :p

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
It's sat under my desk at the moment - got another HD to install, just waiting for a SATA cable, so will work on my desk and take a few pics then. And hope yours arrives soon. :)

Awesome stuff! Thanks!

Also glad to hear the beasty Titan X is as good as it sounds :)

LFFPicard

Godlike
A PCS GTA clan, sounds interesting - do you have to be any good at the game though? :p

Haha nah,

Just send one of us a PM with your socialclub name, I am sure we can all invite you into the crew, I am a normal member and seem to be able to so should be fine!

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster

I got a GTX Titan X and briefly fired up Bioshock Infinite at 2560 x 1440 on Ultra settings and it looked great and ran smoothly.

I like to think so :p

I'm level 28 and doing heists atm :)

Spuff

Expert
T
First time I've (personally) seen a 7.9 in WEI as well.

My i5/ GTX 970 system gets more than 7.9 in every category in WEI (there is a way of seeing the scores higher than 7.9 in Windows 8).
I think WEI expects to be dealing with old generation hardware. I don't think it ever expected to see the likes of a Titan. I think my old first edition MacPro from about 9 years ago scored 7.9 on everything except the GPU, it certainly scored 7.9 on some of it. I think WEI is quite an easy lay, but it would be nice seeing it all maxed.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
My i5/ GTX 970 system gets more than 7.9 in every category on WEI (there is a way of seeing the scores higher than 7.9 in Windows 8).
That's cos in Win8 its scored out of 10, though the same hardware often scores slightly lower in the Win8 one - they obviously changed how it scores things.

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
That's cos in Win8 its scored out of 10, though the same hardware often scores slightly lower in the Win8 one - they obviously changed how it scores things.

Ah, OK, I didn't hit a 10. It was 8.somethings and 9's for me.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Maybe we should unify them.
The one as moosEh is the leader of the other crew and more official maybe we should move to there :)

The one I was in from PS3 that was founded September 2013 was a bit inactive until PC version came out, I messaged the then leader and asked to be promoted so I am now leader but maybe we should merge up. Seems silly having two crews for the same thing.

moosEh, I will pm you a link to here but maybe we should start a official thread for the crew so we can discuss it and arrange heists etc?

Spuff

Expert
No one responded or invited me, so I went ahead and joined the crew myself. Hope that's ok - I never played games online before; I don't know what the etiquette is!

GTA crews can be set to invite only. So if you can just click join to join then that is a deliberate setting, the crew is open for anyone to join.