New PC arrived, taunting me from the boot of my car

Branoic

GAH!! My new PC has been delivered to me at my work address. It is now sitting, taunting me in the boot of my car, while I'm forced to sit at my poxxy office desk for the next two hours. Oooh its torture!

Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T WHITE MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE + **FREE GAME**
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 530 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 490MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Monitor
IIYAMA XB2779QS-S1 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 Widescreen Monitor
Mouse
LOGITECH® G300 GAMING MOUSE
Gaming Mouse Pad
Corsair Vengeance® MM200 Gaming Mouse Mat Compact Edition
Speakers
Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0 High End Speakers

Branoic

Well, I'm finally back with some thoughts and photos. Its taken so long to do this since the day that the PC arrived, because I've been distracted by its SHEER AWESOME.

Everything was simple to set up and has worked like a dream. The PC is fantastic. I love the look of the case, and the 27" is very nice, though there is perhaps a little more light bleed around the edges when showing black than I would have expected. Its not a major problem though.

Loving BF4 on ultimate settings at 2560 x 1440 which the 780 Ti has no trouble with, and the sounds of the fans etc is very reasonable.

Packaging and instructions etc were very good and clear. Only thing I'm not sure about is the mesh / grill in one of the pictures below. This came wrapped in its own properly sized cardboard box seperate to the actual PC, and I can't see where on the case it either came from or is meant to go, or if I need to hold on to it for anything. Could anyone enlighten me?

Overall, very pleased and impressed. I had a horrific run of bad luck with high end PCs around 5 years ago, where I got 3 duds from 3 different companies in the space of 6 months, with woeful support and customer services, and I swore I was done with PC gaming, so I was a little nervous and apprehensive with this purchase, but have been delighted so far.

Some pics of the PC:
12506014894_e6ebde16d4_b.jpg

12505655663_e6c09bfd59_b.jpg

And lastly - what's this for?

12505528655_e43bdc7464_b.jpg

Last edited:

Pipsy uk

Nice PC, same case as mine :) the mesh can be used instead of the plastic window for more airflow can also add some fans onto the mesh too.