New PC arrived :)

Dayve

Sorry to disappoint but there are no pictures yet. I got rid of my smartphone a while ago (people kept ringing me) so I have no camera, but tomorrow I will borrow my sister's phone and upload some. Although if you're really desperate to see it you can Google the name of the case, and inside it looks exactly as you'd imagine it looks :tt2:

So, the specs of the new PC are in my sig (it says awaiting delivery because I haven't edited that part out yet). This is my third gaming PC from PCS and, as usual, I'm 100% happy with everything. Had a bit of a shock when I was setting it up and found that the VGA cable on my monitor wouldn't fit in the computer, but that was easily remedied by going out (in the p****** down rain) and buying a HDMI cable. I know the case I ordered is overkill for the rest of my hardware, the Carbide Air 540 is more of a case for extreme rigs that will generate outrageous amounts of heat, but I fell in love with the style of the case and simply had to have it. In the future, if I ever upgrade to a more heavy-duty setup I have the perfect case at least, and the CPU and graphics card I have currently will be very comfortable and cool in there.

The packaging was completely secure, to the point that it could probably have withstood anything up to being hit by a small car. The foam doodad inside the case was in there nice and tight, like it should be, but easy to remove at the same time. As for the hardware everything is perfectly assembled and solid just like it was with my other two PC's from here (which both still work by the way, the oldest one being used by my sister and the one I just replaced will be my spare).

Time between order placed and delivery was 11 days (9 working days). All is well. 10/10.

P.S I've only installed Shogun 2 so far. This is the first PC I've ever had that could run Shogun 2 with literally every single setting 100% maxed out (including biggest unit sizes) and FPS is solid 60, no matter how big the battle. And the graphics card isn't even making any heat lol.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for the review, glad you're happy. I can second the good packaging, my recent PC came to me here on Crete and anything that can survive Greek courier company workers could probably survive a small nuclear explosion. Mine was undamaged on arrival too.

:)