new pc arriving new monitor set up advice please, very confused

leea123

Enthusiast
My new pc is in testing phase and i cant decide what to do or if my idea will work . I am almost convinced to go ultra wide for gaming , but is there good support now in games ? .Also i will have a second monitor for other windows . The ultra wide will be gsync 1440p . My other monitor 1920x1080 just for other windows . Would i have any issues with this , Ultra wide in dp of gpu and normal monitor from hdmi to gpu . Also if i found a game that did not support the 21x9 is it easy enough to just play it on the other monitor so no black bars . Am confused , Help please

Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My new pc is in testing phase and i cant decide what to do or if my idea will work . I am almost convinced to go ultra wide for gaming , but is there good support now in games ? .Also i will have a second monitor for other windows . The ultra wide will be gsync 1440p . My other monitor 1920x1080 just for other windows . Would i have any issues with this , Ultra wide in dp of gpu and normal monitor from hdmi to gpu . Also if i found a game that did not support the 21x9 is it easy enough to just play it on the other monitor so no black bars . Am confused , Help please

Thank you
I literally know of no modern games that don’t support 4K. And if they support 4K then they’ll support 1440p ultrawide which is less than 4K. Anything less than 4K I’ve never had an issue.

No issues with secondary 1080p monitor for programs either.

There’s a couple of the older members who’ve been running 1440p ultrawides for a few years, would be great to ask them, but I haven’t seen them on here in ages.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Further, also fine to use the send monitor for gaming on any older games that don’t support the beast monitor.

Which ultrawide did you get btw?

leea123

Enthusiast
going for the agon AG352UCG6 gsync , my oyher monitor just a 27 inch 1920x1080 , So you are saying that i can just move game to that monitor if needed , if so how easy, silly question sorry i just dont know

Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
going for the agon AG352UCG6 gsync , my oyher monitor just a 27 inch 1920x1080 , So you are saying that i can just move game to that monitor if needed , if so how easy, silly question sorry i just dont know

Thank you
Usually in the game graphics settings you can choose which monitor you want it on.

Or just start it windowed mode (again in game settings) then you can drag it anywhere you like on the desktop

leea123

Enthusiast
And would i have to change a lot of things in nvidia control panel for this. as gsync running on one?

leea123

Enthusiast
thanks so just to clarify please, the dp connection with handle the gsync and the hdmi will handle the other monitor , so it will work like two seperate connections and it wont cause issues with my gsync running on ultrawide even though one monitor will be 1080 for programs and other 1440 p for my gaming ?. and i assume i can just uses extend desktop in windows settings for dual monitor set up ?

Thank you for your time

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thanks so just to clarify please, the dp connection with handle the gsync and the hdmi will handle the other monitor , so it will work like two seperate connections and it wont cause issues with my gsync running on ultrawide even though one monitor will be 1080 for programs and other 1440 p for my gaming ?. and i assume i can just uses extend desktop in windows settings for dual monitor set up ?

Thank you for your time
You can have loads of separate monitors all at different resolutions, so long as it doesn't go above the overall limit for the GPU.

Which GPU have you ordered?

leea123

Enthusiast
thank you, you have reassured me lots, i will game on ultrawide, other monitor for discord or whatever , and for unsupported games will drag over to other monitor to play in 1080 through hdmi if needed, Thank you very much for your help and your time , really appreciate it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thank you, you have reassured me lots, i will game on ultrawide, other monitor for discord or whatever , and for unsupported games will drag over to other monitor to play in 1080 through hdmi if needed, Thank you very much for your help and your time , really appreciate it
No problem at all. If you get time, take some photos and post some benchmarks when it’s all set up, and if you need a hand with anything, just give us a shout.

One of my only regrets on my gaming setup is that I didn’t go for 1440p ultrawide, they are totally stunning!

leea123

Enthusiast
sure i will do some piccy of set up and whatever benchmarks u say are good i will run and post results , now to get that order in for monitor . Thanks