New PC Concerned About Temps

calowe1987

Hi everyone. Let me begin by saying that this is my first Windows PC that I’ve owned in 17 years, and my first ever gaming rig. I’ve always been a Mac guy, but there are allot of games out there I want to play that Mac just doesn’t support.

I am also aware that Alienware is generally considered overpriced, but my husband bought it for me so I really can’t complain about that lol. He was given military discounts or something so apparently it wasn’t too overpriced. Anyway, I’ve been a little concerned about the temps it’s running.

Just received the PC yesterday, so today was my first opportunity to throw a game at it. I decided to give ARK a shot, because it is a game I’ve wanted to play but couldn’t stand the UI on PS4. The PC had been practically silent before gaming, so I pulled up the AW control thing. Gaming on high graphics my 2080 super goes back and forth between 78-84 degrees while the game is running. Idle it’s around 40ish. Dell naturally assured me that it’s within normal range but I’d like some opinions. Here is a copy/paste summary of my build, and I haven’t messed with the settings other than installing antivirus and updating drivers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Premium Support, 5 Years
Premium Support with Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis, 4 Year Extended
Premium Support with Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis, 1 Year
Shipping Material + Placemat
Qualcomm Wi-Fi 5 DW1810 1x1 802.11ac Wi-Fi Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 850W Power Supply
16GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2666MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
AMD Ryzen(TM) 7 3700X (8-Core, 32MB L3 Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.4GHz)
Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Initial Year
Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Extended Year(s)
No Monthly Subscription
Dell.com Order
US Power Cord
None Required
Microsoft(R) Office 30 Days Trial
Additional Software
AMD Ryzen(TM) 7 Label
Custom Configuration
Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French Multi-language)
Dell Wireless Driver 1810/1820
Alienware Mouse Is Not Included
Keyboard Not Included
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Windows 10 Home (64bit) English

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can't advise on self builds or competitor builds, I'd check out the Dell forums or Tom's Hardware which is an open forum.