Silver Level Poster
Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
6GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT TRI-DDR3 2000MHz (3 x 2GB)

Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX480 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

2nd Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX480 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk
2TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
RAID 0 (STRIPE)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 1000W MODULAR PSU (HX1000) 80+ ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)

Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series

Just made this order & looking forward to it, comments are welcome but i think its a pretty sound setup myself! :p

Meds

Amazing spec, even if I wanted to I don't think I could recommend an upgrade which would be cost efficient - the next two CPUs up are pretty expensive for what you get!

I think people should share the wealth! gimmie!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Great spec! My only comment is RAID STRIPE...great performance but I'm sure you're aware of the increased risk of data loss should a drive fail?

steveuk87

Super Star
nice rig dude that pretty epic!! grats!! welcome to the community and get some pics when it gets delivered

Steve

PaulH

Bright Spark
Can you have 2tb drives striped, thought it was max 2TB partition? - although that may just be in my head

W

WR

Your correct on that one Paul, the max that can be striped are 2x 1TB drives. Another great MS limitation.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't aware of that, I'll close the loop on our website now.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Phil, been trying to get hold of you on your numbers today to change your drives, you either need to remove stripe or drop down to 1tb HDD's in stripe, please can you PM me when it would be good to call you?

Phil

Silver Level Poster
sent you a PM Paul, work 12 hour shifts mon-thurs so im pretty hard to contact on these days lol

think i'll just lose the raid stripe then, wasnt aware of the limitation :s

Zeplini

you can raid stripe second and third drive above 2gb but not the C drive/ windows install but as pcs said this can be a problem if a drive fails as you loose the lot :(

Phil

Silver Level Poster
yeh lost it all on my current pc when a HDD failed lol, just replaced the HDD & setup the raid again, wasnt anything that important on my HDDs just had to install about 500gb of games again :p

Zeplini

yep this can be a pain and its why i wont re-install at the moment, but the performance gain of stripe is not that great, always better to go for a raptor or sdd if money allows for c.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Sorted, Raid removed and noticed he had 6gb 2000mhz dominator - now has 12gb of 1600mhz KingstonX - awesomeness :)

LDUK

Master Poster
yeh lost it all on my current pc when a HDD failed lol, just replaced the HDD & setup the raid again, wasnt anything that important on my HDDs just had to install about 500gb of games again :p

Oh man that sucks!

Phil

Silver Level Poster
Sorted, Raid removed and noticed he had 6gb 2000mhz dominator - now has 12gb of 1600mhz KingstonX - awesomeness :)

thanks for pointing out the problem with the dominator ram Paul, very helpful, i could have ran into some serious problems >.<