New PC First impressions

Just some thoughts and pictures after completing my first PCS order.

Below is the final specs ordered (after many amendments :ROFLMAO: )

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive2TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED LightingNONE
Extra Case FansNONE
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Mouse PadNONE
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

In total the PC took 24 working days to get to me which considering the CPU was on pre-order, christmas was chucked in the mix and of course the C and B words we don't talk about i'm more than happy with. I Managed to grab a RTX 3070 at retail just over a week ago for RRP so removed the 3060ti I had before. Its a tad overkill but I wanted to reduce the wait time incase PCS had a problem getting stock in. It's being used with an LG 1440p 144htz 27" monitor.

When it came to communicating with PCS i can't fault them personally, I sent them 3 emails over the space of the order and all 3 were answered within 24 hours of myself sending. I would have liked a bit more communication once my order didn't hit the target build date but understand the reasons why.

The PC arrived today and was fairly well packaged. No marks on the box or the PC so well done to PCS and DPD on that front (I did see some horror stories on the forum over the last week which gave me that niggling doubt in the back of my mind)

The downside was the PC wasn't as well put together as it was packed. Not sure what was going on with the builder but deciding that the Rad should go at the front and then have all 5 fans attached to the front as inputs with no exhaust fans I will never understand his reasoning for it. After scanning over it I can only think he may have thought the RAM was too tall for it, but even then he could have put fans at the top. WIth the cable management they had also decided to put all the cables through the same gromet rather than seperate them to make it neater. (below is a picture i took just to show when i was testing to make sure the PC was OK before i made the changes). I will give them a bit of a break on that one tho as i suspect they just did that so they could quickly test it with there own GPU.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 530
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 531
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    916 KB · Views: 555
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 518
Thankfully after spending some time on this forum and watching videos I now have the knowledge and confidence to see the issue and resolve it fairly easily. The real issue would be if it was delivered to someone who wouldn't know and could end up with a PC with higher temps than what should be expected. Followind advice from you guys on here I will be feeding that info back to PCS so they can make sure its not an issue for someone else in the future :).

I Have since put in a rear fan and having a play around with it this afternoon. On my next full day off I will be sorting out the radiator and fans at the front but at present temps have been acceptable after spending 90mins on Gears of War. Performance of the machine is fantastic, hits 144FPS the majority of the time on Gears and Flight Sim is working great with a steady framerate around the 60-70 mark which is far better than i was expecting for that hog. The machine runs quiet as well.

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone on here who has helped with the build along the way. @Luffy @AgentCooper @SpyderTracks @jamiephillips909 @Martinr36 to name a few.

And a huge shout out to the diamonds that are @ActuallyDenz and @andjef796 who were kind enough to give me copies of Planet Coaster and Overlord to get my libary going.

I will hanging around the forums for sure :)

tumblr_ltfpxcEyNb1qzid10o1_r1_500.gif

Thankfully after spending some time on this forum and watching videos I now have the knowledge and confidence to see the issue and resolve it fairly easily. The real issue would be if it was delivered to someone who wouldn't know and could end up with a PC with higher temps than what should be expected. Followind advice from you guys on here I will be feeding that info back to PCS so they can make sure its not an issue for someone else in the future :).

I Have since put in a rear fan and having a play around with it this afternoon. On my next full day off I will be sorting out the radiator and fans at the front but at present temps have been acceptable after spending 90mins on Gears of War. Performance of the machine is fantastic, hits 144FPS the majority of the time on Gears and Flight Sim is working great with a steady framerate around the 60-70 mark which is far better than i was expecting for that hog. The machine runs quiet as well.

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone on here who has helped with the build along the way. @Luffy @AgentCooper @SpyderTracks @jamiephillips909 @Martinr36 to name a few.

And a huge shout out to the diamonds that are @ActuallyDenz and @andjef796 who were kind enough to give me copies of Planet Coaster and Overlord to get my libary going.

tumblr_ltfpxcEyNb1qzid10o1_r1_500.gif

60-70 fps msfs pritty dam impressive Looks superb cable management did trigger me abit but like you said prob because of gpu looks reeeeal nice tho :) so jelly so many high res pingu memes to see so little time :(

60-70 fps msfs pritty dam impressive Looks superb cable management did trigger me abit but like you said prob because of gpu looks reeeeal nice tho :) so jelly so many high res pingu memes to see so little time :(
I'm going to get some better cables for sure at some point. Hate that they're split like that even now. And theres always time for Pingu Memes ;)

carlos726811

I'm going to get some better cables for sure at some point. Hate that they're split like that even now. And theres always time for Pingu Memes ;)
Hey @Resistance100 You could buy some Braided Cable extension like i did for the GPU. It does make it hell of alot cleaner See link for cables and see pics of my gpu cables before and after. I also changed the 24pin cable as u can see in the pic aswell.

EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for Power Supply 24 Pin/ 8pin (4+4) M/B, 8pin (6+2) PCI-E Extension Cable Kit 500mm Length, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 265
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 249

Harag

Gold Level Poster

Thanks for the update etc... One thing I would suggest, though might be a little late now is the AIO cooling - the picture showing it at the front with the pipes at the top, this is basically wrong, you want the pipes at the bottom.

The reason for this is because Air rises and with the pipes at the top, air will get into the inlet pipe and go down to the CPU, thus not cooling it as well as it should, on top of that, you might hear gurgling sounds. if the pipes are at the bottom then the air will be trapped at the top and not get into the pipes, thus keeping the cpu cooler and no gurgling sounds.

Thanks for the update etc... One thing I would suggest, though might be a little late now is the AIO cooling - the picture showing it at the front with the pipes at the top, this is basically wrong, you want the pipes at the bottom.

The reason for this is because Air rises and with the pipes at the top, air will get into the inlet pipe and go down to the CPU, thus not cooling it as well as it should, on top of that, you might hear gurgling sounds. if the pipes are at the bottom then the air will be trapped at the top and not get into the pipes, thus keeping the cpu cooler and no gurgling sounds.
It's been changed already :)

But it's a good point. Although if there is no other option as long as the pump is lower than the top of the Rad it will be fine (just not ideal) :)

Corsair's website
If your case does not allow you to mount your radiator at the front of the case with the tubes down or at the top of the case, you can mount your radiator at the front of the case with the tubes up as a last resort.

If you do so, make sure that your cooler pump is mounted in a lower position than the top of your radiator. This will reduce the amount of air bubbles that enter the pump through the tubes, reducing the amount of noise made by the cooler.