New PC Hdmi no signal

Freddy98

Hi,

I just got a new PC from PCS. When I plug it in and connect the monitor, the monitor says "hdmi no signal". The PC is totally silent and just shows a light that slowly changes colour near the top of the tower. I am definitely on the correct input on the monitor. How can I get the PC to work/connect to my monitor? This is my first PC btw, so I'm not savvy with PCs at all.

Edit: I've used a different monitor and a different hdmi cable, so I'm pretty certain it's an issue with the PC.

Here are my specs:

Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-12400F (2.5GHz) 18MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WIFI D4: mATX, LGA1700, USB 3.2, SATA 6GBs - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6600 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 150 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Monitor
ASUS VP229HE 21.5"
Keyboard & Mouse
PCS BK110 USB KEYBOARD
Keyboard & Mouse
PCS M400 USB OPTICAL MOUSE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Last edited:

Freddy98

Can you take a photo of the back of the pc with the cables plugged in?

In the last 20 mins I've been trying to see if there are any loose parts. Theres a bit at the back that looks like it should be plugged in, but isnt. It's near the bottom of the case and has PCIe/CPU written above it in small white letters. I'm downloading gimp now to sort out the pictures.

Thanks for the quick reply

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In the last 20 mins I've been trying to see if there are any loose parts. Theres a bit at the back that looks like it should be plugged in, but isnt. It's near the bottom of the case and has PCIe/CPU written above it in small white letters. I'm downloading gimp now to sort out the pictures.

Thanks for the quick reply
Don't go fiddling with anything unless you know what you're doing.

If you just upload a photo first of all, you don't want to contribute to what may just be a simple cabling issue.

Freddy98

Attachments

• PCShelp.jpg
    PCShelp.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PCShelp2.jpg
    PCShelp2.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 56
  • PCShelp3.jpg
    PCShelp3.jpg
    964.8 KB · Views: 68
  • PCShelp4.jpg
    PCShelp4.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 56

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My bad! I took the back to mean from a side on view, I don't why lol.
Here's the picture
You've got the HDMI plugged into the motherboard, not the graphics card, that's why there's no signal.

Need to plug it into the GPU which is the silver metal bit half way down.

Just for further info, it's best to use display port on PC's, HDMI is more for consoles and TV's or hifi equipment.

Freddy98

You've got the HDMI plugged into the motherboard, not the graphics card, that's why there's no signal.

Need to plug it into the GPU which is the silver metal bit half way down.

Just for further info, it's best to use display port on PC's, HDMI is more for consoles and TV's or hifi equipment.
Hey, I plugged the hdmi into the silver bit and it's still not connecting to the monitor

Freddy98

Have you restarted the PC?
As in turned it on and off? Yeah. I turned it off, unplugged, waited a moment, then plugged back in and turned on.

It's only lighting up at the top and it's making no sound at all btw. Idk if that's relevant, but just tryna give as much info as possible

Freddy98

Also, the fans aren't starting when I turn on the PC. It lights up at the top, but nothing else seems to happen

Attachments

• 1656622833674_PCSHelp11.jpg
    1656622833674_PCSHelp11.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 59

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Omg I just realised what I was doing wrong and it is what you were insinuating there😭😂

I appreciate your help a lot, but I am going to delete this out of embarrassment bc this is probably the dumbest I've been in my life
We all have to start somewhere. I've been doing computing for over 20 years and still make mistakes like this that embarass the life out of me. Don't worry, it happens, especially with new stuff when you're trying to get it to work for the first time, that tends to be when little oversights are made

Is it working then?

Freddy98

We all have to start somewhere. I've been doing computing for over 20 years and still make mistakes like this that embarass the life out of me. Don't worry, it happens, especially with new stuff when you're trying to get it to work for the first time, that tends to be when little oversights are made

Is it working then?
Yeah, it's working. Thank you for the help!