New PC issues

Wozzaa

Delighted with the new PC, only a few issues,1. it won't turn on I have to reboot & go through bios settings 2. the motherboard lights stay on after power is off, I have to switch the PSU off. GPU as i've had 1 long beep & 3 short beeps only a couple of times.
When I turn on the PC is on but no monitor.

CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 14 Core Processor i9-10940X (3.3GHz) 19.25MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE: DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Xmas delivery not guaranteed)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
1st M.2 SSD DriveNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W AX SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® TITANIUM
Processor CoolingCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Attachments

• 20210418_190749 m.jpg
    20210418_190749 m.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210418_190805 m.jpg
    20210418_190805 m.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20210418_191344 m.jpg
    20210418_191344 m.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
assuming the OS is on the M.2, remove it and reinstall it, also check the GPU and RAM are properly seated

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Those LED's in your pics don't seem to be the usual set of Q-LED's which indicate an issue with DRAM or VGA or whatever - as they are much higher up on the board - your Motherboard manual seems to suggest they indicate which DIMM is in use:

1618772825109.png

I'm not familiar with the mobo at all mind you, but taking the RAM sticks out and resintalling them would be no harm.....

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
For the lighting when it’s turned off, there’s a setting in the BIOS to disable Aura lighting.
That should be in AI Suite also if the relevant lighting control bit has been included in the download.....

Mine allows control of the Audio track lighting when the machine is shut down:

1618773007945.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That should be in AI Suite also if the relevant lighting control bit has been included in the download.....

Mine allows control of the Audio track lighting when the machine is shut down:

View attachment 25098
That's a thing on your particular motherboard, not sure it's on the others.

This is the entire motherboard lighting so any RGB strips running off it, anything that's connected to it at all.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
That's a thing on your particular motherboard, not sure it's on the others.

This is the entire motherboard lighting so any RGB strips running off it, anything that's connected to it at all.
Ah OK fair enough.

Originally my AI Suite install didn't include the mobo LED lighting control (which operates separately from any ARGB or AURA headers on my mobo - which I can control through Armoury Crate - so everything is not all controllable from one spot) and I had to do it through BIOS as you say. But I recently discovered there was a version of AI Suite that included the LED Lighting Control within the software.

May or may not allow control of the OP's LED's as you say - but I think that's the least of his problems at the mo anyway!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah OK fair enough.

Originally my AI Suite install didn't include the mobo LED lighting control (which operates separately from any ARGB or AURA headers on my mobo - which I can control through Armoury Crate - so everything is not all controllable from one spot) and I had to do it through BIOS as you say. But I recently discovered there was a version of AI Suite that included the LED Lighting Control within the software.

May or may not allow control of the OP's LED's as you say - but I think that's the least of his problems at the mo anyway!
I wasn't aware they'd added that control in AI Suite that is good to know (y)

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I have the Obsidian 500D SE. At first the LEDs on the front fans were not on. I had to go into iCue and tell it that I had 3xLL120 fans on channel 1 of the included Commander Pro and then the RGB was fully controllable.