New PC mouse keeps disconnecting while gaming

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
I received my PC yesterday but I’m experiencing problems with the mouse as it keep disconnecting mid game and not allowing me to do anything. Taking it out of the USB and putting it back in lights the LEDs up but still nothing happens. Turning the PC off and on again it works fine. Any suggestions what the issue here would be? I’m new to this so really don’t have much of a clue.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I received my PC yesterday but I’m experiencing problems with the mouse as it keep disconnecting mid game and not allowing me to do anything. Taking it out of the USB and putting it back in lights the LEDs up but still nothing happens. Turning the PC off and on again it works fine. Any suggestions what the issue here would be? I’m new to this so really don’t have much of a clue.
Is it a wireless mouse?

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
It’s a USB mouse that seems to just cut out but as soon as the device restarts it works no problems. Bit unrelated too I seem to be getting a lot of BSOD’s too. Reading through some posts only thing that I haven’t tried is going on to GeForce experience and updating my driver from there. If you need my specs or anything I can post them in.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s a USB mouse that seems to just cut out but as soon as the device restarts it works no problems. Bit unrelated too I seem to be getting a lot of BSOD’s too. Reading through some posts only thing that I haven’t tried is going on to GeForce experience and updating my driver from there. If you need my specs or anything I can post them in.
Yes please, if you can post your full specs from the order page?

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Case
CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 Deluxe: 1 User, 5 Devices - 1 Year Subscription
Browser
Firefox™
Keyboard & Mouse
CoolerMaster Devastator III Combo Keyboard and Mouse

That’s my Spec. Still trying to work out how I can post the crash dumps as I’m new to all this.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That’s my Spec. Still trying to work out how I can post the crash dumps as I’m new to all this.
Upload them to a cloud service somewhere (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) and post a link to them on here.

You'll find any mindumps in the folder C:\Windows\Minidumps - upload any of those that are relevant.

If there was a kernel dump you'll find it in the file C:\Windows\Memory.dmp.

Did the CoolerMaster keyboard and mouse come with their own drivers? If so, did PCS install these drivers for you?

The first thing I'd suggest is that you disable Norton 360. I'm serious, that could well be the cause of your problems. Without wishing to be rude, Norton is a waste of your money. Windows Defender and Firewall do an excellent job and not only are they free but they're fully integrated into Windows. Norton is renowned for being (how shall I put this?)....less reliable than one would care for. You don't need to pay for decent Internet security these days on Windows.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Luckily I hadn’t got round to installing Norton so will go with you advice and avoid it. I updated my graphics card this morning from GeForce experience and so far have had no issues so think that may have been the cause of the blue screens. My keyboard and mouse don’t seem to appear on my device manager even though they’re both working currently is that what you mean by PCS installing the drivers?

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Just ran a diagnostic tool on the crash files and I’m getting messages like a thread tried to release a resource it did not own and an attempt was made to access a page able address at an interrupt request level that was too high - this is normally caused by drivers using inproper address. I assume by these there is an issue with one of my drivers. Any suggestions on what I should do?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just ran a diagnostic tool on the crash files and I’m getting messages like a thread tried to release a resource it did not own and an attempt was made to access a page able address at an interrupt request level that was too high - this is normally caused by drivers using inproper address. I assume by these there is an issue with one of my drivers. Any suggestions on what I should do?
If you want to upload the dump I can probably tell you which driver it was.

If not then check that all drivers are up to date.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
If you mean going on to device manager and updating the drivers that why I’ve done this and they’re all up to date. I’m not at home at the minute to upload the dumps but can do later. Would it be worth running driver verifier as I don’t have much on the PC anyway so wouldn’t be worried about losing documents etc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you mean going on to device manager and updating the drivers that why I’ve done this and they’re all up to date. I’m not at home at the minute to upload the dumps but can do later. Would it be worth running driver verifier as I don’t have much on the PC anyway so wouldn’t be worried about losing documents etc.
Stay well away from Driver Verifier. It's designed to make the drivers BSOD, so you need to be able to analyse the dumps to get any useful information. There is no user readable output at all. It also runs on every reboot until manually turned off, so if a driver BDOSs on boot you may not be able to get into Windows to turn it off!

If device manager says all drivers are up to date then that's all you can do for now. If it BSODs again upload the dump.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Stay well away from Driver Verifier. It's designed to make the drivers BSOD, so you need to be able to analyse the dumps to get any useful information. There is no user readable output at all. It also runs on every reboot until manually turned off, so if a driver BDOSs on boot you may not be able to get into Windows to turn it off!

If device manager says all drivers are up to date then that's all you can do for now. If it BSODs again upload the dump.

Here is one of the crash dumps I've got:

Thank you very much for your help hopefully can get it sorted as it started to become very frustrating

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Here is one of the crash dumps I've got:

Thank you very much for your help hopefully can get it sorted as it started to become very frustrating
Thanks but I don't want to see that part analysis, I'd like to see the actual dump file so that I can analyse it myself. The !analyse output there for example, attributes the failure to fltmgr.sys (based on what's on the stack) which is extremely unlikely - it's part of the Windows file system. It's generally necessary to dig much deeper than the simple !analyse command to locate the real cause.

If you can, please upload the original dump file (ending in .dmp). :)

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Thanks but I don't want to see that part analysis, I'd like to see the actual dump file so that I can analyse it myself. The !analyse output there for example, attributes the failure to fltmgr.sys (based on what's on the stack) which is extremely unlikely - it's part of the Windows file system. It's generally necessary to dig much deeper than the simple !analyse command to locate the real cause.

If you can, please upload the original dump file (ending in .dmp). :)
No worries can I just upload the dump file straight from minidump on to one drive? Sorry I’m really clueless about this stuff.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Great! Thank you. I'll take a look tomorrow morning and let you know if I find anything useful. :)