New PC, no Sound from the Rear onboard audio ports?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Whats the difference between the rear audio ports and the case ones?

Just when my PC came I had a sound card (i dont use it) but I had instructions from PCS to plug any external audio devices into soundcard ports and not the motherboard audio ports or I would get no sound.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeah i have just turned everything up to 11, nothing is still happening,
What speakers are you plugging in amd to which port?

The headset we can't use to troubleshoot as splitters are notoriously problematic and it won't work in the rear ports without one.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Whats the difference between the rear audio ports and the case ones?

Just when my PC came I had a sound card (i dont use it) but I had instructions from PCS to plug any external audio devices into soundcard ports and not the motherboard audio ports or I would get no sound.
A soundcard would bypass any audio from the on board sound. But the OP doesn't have a soundcard

Funployee

just some logitech z200 i got from argos, nothing special but will do the job until i can get something more better

they work find in the top port just not the rear ones, so i no they work

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
just some logitech z200 i got from argos, nothing special but will do the job until i can get something more better

they work find in the top port just not the rear ones, so i no they work
Ok, you need to just answer the questions directly if possible.

What port do you have the speaker plugged into? Have you turned up the volume on the speakers and made sure the volume is up on the PC?

Do you have a normal standard pair of headphones to test with?

Last edited:

Funployee

i have tried a normal set of headphones and nothing happens

i have plug it into every port, but at the moment, the speakers are in the audio/line out which is the "green" coloured port

Also yes i have turned all volume up on everything possible

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i have tried a normal set of headphones and nothing happens

i have plug it into every port, but at the moment, the speakers are in the audio/line out which is the "green" coloured port
And they're turned on and turned up? Have you checked the windows volume as that will reset depending on what device you have plugged in.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I noticed on one of the pics the OP provided in the audio output device section it says speakers realtek audio as the selected device.

I have this option available but I need to select the other option for speakers which is the make of my speakers/audio box or my headset make (razer)

Would the OP not have a option of logitech speakers? or whatever make the headset is.

When I first set up my speakers and headset I had no sound either until I selected the right device output.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have this option available but I need to select the other option for speakers which is the make of my speakers/audio box or my headset make (razer)
Is the headset USB as that has it's own on board soundcard which is why it has it's own selection.

These are analogue so wouldn't have their own selection.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is the headset USB as that has it's own on board soundcard which is why it has it's own selection.

These are analogue so wouldn't have their own selection.
To be certain though, can you right click on the audio in the bottom right of the task bar and select "sounds" and take a screenshot of the Playback window?