New PC Ordered 27/4/2012

Kerrtarna

NZXT PHANTOM WHITE GAMING CASE
(CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3820 (3.6GHz) 10MB Cache
ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79: SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
(RAM) 32GB SAMSUNG QUAD-DDR3 1333MHz (8 X 4GB)
1st 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
20GB INTEL® SSD 313 SERIES - SLC CACHE DRIVE FOR SYSTEM / 1st HDD
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ GOLD AX1200-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR(£209)
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
GIGABIT LAN & DUAL-BAND WIRELESS 802.11N 450Mbps PCI-E CARD (£35)

£2,251.14

Can't wait for it to get here :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
very very very nice,

whats it for by the way?

Can i make a suggestions, with the hdd, up it to a 1tb caviar black drive, will perform alot better than the standard hard drive, you can read about them here

alos i'd consider getting a set of homeplugs instead of wireless, homeplugs send the internet through ya house wiring to ya pc, works like a treat, simple to set up, you need a pair, pcs sell them for 36 quid i think, and it gives you a constant booming wired connection.

Also if you could afford a ssd as drive 1, for ya Operating system then a 1tb caviar black drive, this would be alot faster than the ssd caching setup.

Kerrtarna

It's just for gaming on multiple screens, decided to future proof while I had the spare money :)

I've been using a 3GB/s SATAII for years now so a 6GB/s SATAIII is already a boost for me, using the SSD Cache just to make things load faster, if it doesnt work then i'mm Cache some of my Ram to make up for it :)

I've got the router on my desk atm, I've been using a Killer 2100 Pro for a while on my old rig, so i'll just move that over, just don't know If i'll move my computer out of the lounge yet :)

I have the P67 and X79 Sabertooth mobo's. You really will not be disappointed. Was surprised to see 32gb ram but I notice you're already thinking about a cache drive, so props for that. My experience of the SSD cache experience is that it is a complete waste of money but your experience might be better (hope so, now I've shot all over it). Anyway, good to see a modular psu chosen, and the AX too. Awesome piece of kit.

Kerrtarna

I've never used a cache drive, just wanted to try it out really, was only an extra £80 so it's not too bad :)
Yea, I'll probably cache 20GB of my ram even if the SSD works :)

Rakk

The Awesome
What are you planning on using the PC for, cos 32GB of RAM is an awful lot, also to make use of that amount of RAM make sure you have an OS that can cope with it, for example Win7 Home Edition can only use upto 16GB RAM in total.