New PC! Recommendations would be grrrreeat!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you won't lose your files etc, although i recommend backing them up

i cant really help you with the process of installing windows because infact ive never actually put on windows myself, all my previous PCs/laptops have come with it pre-installed

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think its the agility 3 that is the fastest one, i looked and i dont remember them being too much more, already SSDs have gone way down in price since a couple of months ago

MrKarco

Bronze Level Poster
okay.. well from the laptop i've got at the moment i'm sure i'll notice a big difference! so i'll be happy with the OCZ 60gb one.. :) and i'm guessing they should keep dropping in price in the next couple months hopefully? as i've got to wait about 4 and a half months -.- :L

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
they should definetly drop, although it will probably increase right before christmas

trust me if you have been using a laptop like me, you will notice quite a big difference even if you just go onto the caviar black, with the faster write speed and much bigger cache

MrKarco

Bronze Level Poster
yess :) and arg -.- i'm literally getting it just before christmas :L might wait till after in the sales.. and what does a bigger cache actually do? what even is cache.....? :p

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
a cache is a holding area in the HDD where files are stored for speedy access, the access times are much quicker than the hard drive itself

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
programs such as internet browsers often create a virtual cache, but just on the hard drive, this is so it doesn't have to fetch files from the internet every time and instead, many of the files are loaded onto the HDD in a hidden cache folder, this is why you'll notice a big difference between 1st and 2nd visit to a site that doesn't change much