New PC (Ryzen 3900x) - amazing when it boots, but having posting/boot issues.....

Chrisdo

Hi All

I have now had my New PC from PCS for a week and when it does load into Windows I am very impressed with how slick and fast it is loading up applications and software. The difference between my previous 8 yr old PC and this one is like Night/Day... going from the ridiculous to the sublime.... the Fiat Punto to the Lamborghini...etc...etc...

Old... 20200126_160514-979x1305.jpg...

New...20200126_161006-979x1305.jpg20200125_210838-979x1305.jpg20200125_210859-979x1305.jpg20200125_211042-979x1305.jpg20200129_203429-1305x979.jpg

However after a day or so I repeatedly experienced boot/posting issues when attempting to switch on the PC... these have increased in frequency over the last few days and I seem to be successful loading into Windows 10 once in every 3-4 attempts. Sometimes I get one short high pitched beep and it then seems to load up, but other times I get the short pitched beep and then 3 or 4 longer low pitched beeps and it doesn't boot. I always dread and want to avoid switching off the PC at the back power supply when it's been turned on but sometimes have no choice.... The event viewer in windows is reporting 'Critical' and 'Warning' logs....

I thought it may be something to do with the BIOS and tried F5 (default settings) but it appears to have disabled the RGB lighting on one of the 16GB memory sticks, although windows 10 still reports I have 32GB of Ram installed.
...20200201_130112-979x1305.jpg

Strangely I've done two successful reboots since this, but obviously it looks strange with the lighting out out on one of the sticks. I'm not sure hot to get this lighting back now? I have the iCUE software but it only shows 1 stick available for RGB. I connect to my Acer RT240 monitor via HDMI because it doesn't have a display port (input)... sometimes the monitor shows as 'cable not connected' when the PC doesn't boot into windows. Could it be a timing issue between the PC booting and the connection to the monitor via HDMI? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Chrisdo

Edit: I've just done a little search of the net and it appears a few similar issues to mine have emerged regarding the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus m/b not posting with the 1505 (latest) BIOS update, and they range from trying the DRAM in different order & taking each one out to test if one is faulty. I really don't want to have to mess with the BIOS if I don't need to, esp. as it could void my PCS warranty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Edit: I've just done a little search of the net and it appears a few similar issues to mine have emerged regarding the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus m/b not posting with the 1505 (latest) BIOS update, and they range from trying the DRAM in different order & taking each one out to test if one is faulty. I really don't want to have to mess with the BIOS if I don't need to, esp. as it could void my PCS warranty.
Don't touch the BIOS without talking it through with PCS.

The RAM test is fairly easy to do, and worthwhile.