NEW PC SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In your Bindings....
1. Why is IPv6 disabled in your Ethernet bindings? Unless you have a very good reason to not use it you should turn IPv6 on.
2. Is the Bluetooth Network Connection active (ie. in use)?

In your Advanced Property
3. Your Receive Buffers (512) is four times that of your Transmit Buffers (128). That's far from ideal, you want twice as many Transmit Buffers as Receive Buffers. If you can afford the RAM set your Transmit Buffers to the max (2048?) and your Receive Buffers to half that.

There's nothing of note in your Power settings.

In your Bindings....
1. Why is IPv6 disabled in your Ethernet bindings? Unless you have a very good reason to not use it you should turn IPv6 on.
2. Is the Bluetooth Network Connection active (ie. in use)?

In your Advanced Property
3. Your Receive Buffers (512) is four times that of your Transmit Buffers (128). That's far from ideal, you want twice as many Transmit Buffers as Receive Buffers. If you can afford the RAM set your Transmit Buffers to the max (2048?) and your Receive Buffers to half that.

There's nothing of note in your Power settings.
Okay, I have turned on my IPv6 and no the bluetooth is not in use. How do I turn up the transmit buffers?

In Device Manage in the Ethernet adapter (Family Controller) click Configure and then the Advanced tab.
I get this when I try to change it.
Screenshot 2021-06-10 164428.png
TT

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Since we don't have the full specs (Currys never specify them) can you enter the command msinfo32 into the Run command box please? In the window that opens, expand the Components section, then the Network section and then click on the Adapter entry. Scroll that window up or down until your Ethernet adapter is fully visible and then post a screenshot of that. That will tell us what adapter you have and we can then look to see what advanced option settings are available.

Since we don't have the full specs (Currys never specify them) can you enter the command msinfo32 into the Run command box please? In the window that opens, expand the Components section, then the Network section and then click on the Adapter entry. Scroll that window up or down until your Ethernet adapter is fully visible and then post a screenshot of that. That will tell us what adapter you have and we can then look to see what advanced option settings are available.
I think you mean this?
Screenshot 2021-06-10 170637.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, you're right those settings are at their max.

You are sure you're using Cat5E or Cat6 Ethernet cables?

You said you've downloaded the latest LAN and chipset drivers, where did you get those from?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yeh I’m using Cat6 and download them from the ASUS sight.
They might not be the best drivers, generally with Windows 10 it's better to allow Windows Update to find all your drivers. That wouldn't account for the poor speed though.

I think I'd be tempted to take it back to Currys and demand they fix it or give you your money back.

They will try to tell you it's PCS's problem but it's not. They sold it and they are entirely responsible in law for it working properly.

They might not be the best drivers, generally with Windows 10 it's better to allow Windows Update to find all your drivers. That wouldn't account for the poor speed though.

I think I'd be tempted to take it back to Currys and demand they fix it or give you your money back.

They will try to tell you it's PCS's problem but it's not. They sold it and they are entirely responsible in law for it working properly.
Okay :(