NEW PC SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED

johtri

Damn ... that is 1 helluva download speed 292.08 mb/s and upload of 51.71 mb/s upload ... i only get 23 mb/s download and an upload speed of 5mb/s ... 1 cries :cry::cry::cry:

rouchie

Rising Star
1623405215563.png
Thats mine on Virgin

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Damn ... that is 1 helluva download speed 292.08 mb/s and upload of 51.71 mb/s upload ... i only get 23 mb/s download and an upload speed of 5mb/s ... 1 cries :cry::cry::cry:
I know, I'm getting 12Mbps down on a good day with a following wind, and barely 2Mbps up. Seeing someone with 290Mbps made me want to cry....

Now you're just making it worse. Mummy, I want some of that!...😭

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You live on a beautiful sunny island though which is a fair trade off
Agreed. I wouldn't swap. We should be getting 100Mbps FTTH soon. We'd have had it by now but for COVID. I'm still green with envy though. I can't imagine what 375Mbps feels like......o_O

BTW my first 'online' session ever was via an accoustic coupler (Google them, or visit the science museum) at 300bps. How times change. :)

rouchie

Rising Star
Agreed. I wouldn't swap. We should be getting 100Mbps FTTH soon. We'd have had it by now but for COVID. I'm still green with envy though. I can't imagine what 375Mbps feels like......o_O

BTW my first 'online' session ever was via an accoustic coupler (Google them, or visit the science museum) at 300bps. How times change. :)
Wow, 300bps, I think my first home internet connection was a dial up connection, cant recall the speed but am sure it was higher than that! The modem handshake noise was my abiding internet memory and the slow line by line building of an image, oh and cursing when someone made a phone call and cut your internet connection!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Wow, 300bps, I think my first home internet connection was a dial up connection, cant recall the speed but am sure it was higher than that! The modem handshake noise was my abiding internet memory and the slow line by line building of an image, oh and cursing when someone made a phone call and cut your internet connection!
With an acoustic coupler, a device you jammed the phone handset into, if you so much as bumped the table it was on you'd get data errors. The coupler had to be on a separate table from the keyboard, even typing would upset the connection. Who else remembers Compuserve?

rouchie

Rising Star
With an acoustic coupler, a device you jammed the phone handset into, if you so much as bumped the table it was on you'd get data errors. The coupler had to be on a separate table from the keyboard, even typing would upset the connection. Who else remembers Compuserve?
According to google - Compuserve.com still exists, operating under Verizon's Oath subsidiary, the merger of AOL and Yahoo. Even though most people who remember Compuserve and used it prior to the Internet probably haven't thought about it in years, Compuserve never completely away

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
According to google - Compuserve.com still exists, operating under Verizon's Oath subsidiary, the merger of AOL and Yahoo. Even though most people who remember Compuserve and used it prior to the Internet probably haven't thought about it in years, Compuserve never completely away
Wow. [emoji50]

rouchie

Rising Star
We've just had gigabit broadband installed in our street by city fibre but will have to wait til Feb next year as tied to virgin till then

God I remember screaming for my older brother to come into my room as I was in shock of the speed I was downloading the first counterstrike .... 1mb living in those times was rough oh a update .... oh ill play it in 14 hours :(