New PC Spec - Any thoughts?

sauroy

Hi All

I am looking to buy a new desktop and would welcome any useful feedback on the following setup. I need to drive 3 monitors (nothing fancy -2x Benq GW2470H and a Dell 2417HG) and will be using it for messing about with virtualization software and gaming from time to time. My budget is £1250.

Thanks
Saurav

Case
PCS SPECTRUM RGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5500 XT - HDMI, DP, DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days
Price: £1,232.00 including VAT and Delivery

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would probably swap out the GPU for the 1660 Super, unless you have any specific need for the AMD? It's a bit cheaper and definitely better.

sauroy

Hi
Apologies for the delay in replying but thanx for the feedback. Unfortunately, I did put in the order with PCS last Friday - but will see if I can if I can request the changes to the case/memory/psu and possibly GPU. ( Re PSU - I did initially go for the 550KW PSU - but the system complained that it might not be enough for peak loads).
Just wondering what sort of difference the CoolerMaster cooler would make, over the stock coolers, to the noise levels (assuming moderate cpu usage). Also, I am assuming going for the CORSAIR iCUE 220T case would lead to a generally quieter PC (and tbh flashing lights are not really needed) ?

Thanks

Saurav

PS : Re GPU - I don't know exactly why but I have usually opted for AMD GPUs - some weird sense of loyalty possibly - but will happily accept the suggestion of those with more experience and knowledge :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PS : Re GPU - I don't know exactly why but I have usually opted for AMD GPUs - some weird sense of loyalty possibly - but will happily accept the suggestion of those with more experience and knowledge
AMD GPU's have had driver issues ongoing for about 8 months now, it's a safer bet to go with nvidia.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hi
Apologies for the delay in replying but thanx for the feedback. Unfortunately, I did put in the order with PCS last Friday - but will see if I can if I can request the changes to the case/memory/psu and possibly GPU. ( Re PSU - I did initially go for the 550KW PSU - but the system complained that it might not be enough for peak loads).
Just wondering what sort of difference the CoolerMaster cooler would make, over the stock coolers, to the noise levels (assuming moderate cpu usage). Also, I am assuming going for the CORSAIR iCUE 220T case would lead to a generally quieter PC (and tbh flashing lights are not really needed) ?

Thanks

Saurav

PS : Re GPU - I don't know exactly why but I have usually opted for AMD GPUs - some weird sense of loyalty possibly - but will happily accept the suggestion of those with more experience and knowledge :)

The iCue was recommended as you initially selected an RGB case. The 275 airflow or Focus G would be good choices.