New PC system and ordering review

weare one

Bronze Level Poster
03/07/18 pc ordered after much help from forum. A big thank you to all especially Oussebon.

11/07/18 email from PCS:- system is in processing

27/07/18 07.23am email from PCS:- system has been built and is awaiting testing and configuration.

27/07/18 10.51am email from PCS:- make sure monitor is connected to dedicated GPU and not M/B integrated graphics

27/07/18 10.51am email from PCS: system has been dispatched, with details of DPD tracking which was excellent.

01/08/18 08.46am email from DPD saying item will be delivered today between 12:06 - 13:06

01/08/18 12:38pm delivered.....I am sooooooo happy.

Unfortunately:-
1). The CD player was not working.
2). The case rear fan was not working.
3). The led strip light was not working.

To cut a long story short and 3 days of emails to PCS and much searching on my part:-

1). CD player power connection not connected correctly.... easy push in fix on my part.
2). The case rear fan wiring not connected at all.....took a while to trace wiring via taking off back side panel and following wiring loom to find junction connections not connected.
3). The led strip light was actually not connected at all......eventual easy fix, though had to lift the end of the self adhesive strip as case stud was preventing connection when end of strip was laid flat and the 4 pin connection could not connect. So now the end of the strip is laying loose over the case stud.

Overall the system arrived very well packed, although I personally believe it may have been this internal packing that may have pushed down on the led strip connection forcing it apart ?????
As for the usually strong cd power connection fitting ?????????????
And the rear case fan connection in the wiring loom????????

The case is not all lights and whistles but as I am not a gamer.......I love it ........and the pc system itself boots in seconds and just flies through applications :punk:

Inside padding - Copy.jpg
all extras and info.jpg
front - Copy.jpg
lights and fans all working - Copy.jpg
Inside with light.jpg

Case
NZXT PHANTOM 410 WHITE GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME Z370-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP
1[SUP]st[/SUP] Hard Disk
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
1[SUP]st[/SUP] M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 2300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm Blue LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11 AC1200 867Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on DVD
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK270 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
2 - 3 DAY DELIVERY TO REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity

Price €1,629.00 including VAT and delivery

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
27/07/18 10.51am email from PCS:- make sure monitor is connected to dedicated GPU and not M/B integrated graphics
they must get this all the time :)

Fair review, good photos.

weare one

Bronze Level Poster
they must get this all the time :)

Fair review, good photos.

Thanks Oussebon

I must say this system is now running sweet......but there again I was previously running a system built around an auld Asus P5W DH Deluxe m/b which I must admit was well overdue for an upgrade but has undoubtedly served me well.

If this new system serves me as well (and I am sure it will) I will be more than happy :yes:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks Oussebon

[FONT=&]I must say this system is now running sweet......but there again I was previously running a system built around an auld Asus P5W DH Deluxe m/b which I must admit was well overdue for an upgrade but has undoubtedly served me well.

[/FONT][FONT=&][FONT=&]If this new system serves me as well (and I am sure it will) I will be more than happy :yes:[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Nice balanced system overall, I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it! That blue led strip is damn effective! I might plump for a few of them.

My rig is on an old z87 platform and I’m getting very itchy to upgrade the mobo, cpu and ram. I think I’ll do it with the 9th, and probably go for an i9 as I want hyperthreading.

Last edited:

weare one

Bronze Level Poster
Nice balanced system overall, I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it! That blue led strip is damn effective! I might plump for a few of them.

My rig is on an old z97 platform and I’m getting very itchy to upgrade the mobo, cpu and ram. I think I’ll do it with the 9th, and probably go for an i9 as I want hyperthreading.

Yes I think the led strip looks cool.

Now that I've got this new baby I'm going to play around with my old P5W DH to see what I can get out of it.

I've already got a Q6600 chip, relevant bios upgrade chip will be around £10 plus cheap memmory upgrade from ebay and see what happens.

The case is a huge Kandalf LCS, which was given to me years ago fitted with the m/b so fingers crossed I can replace the cpu without messing up the liquid cooling part of the system :yes:

Last edited: