New pc with 3060 wont have dvi slot so i need a solution for 144hz monitor

Panguin

I have 2 monitors for my setup, one basic 60hz that uses hdmi, and the second is a 144hz one that has either hdmi or dvi, the hdmi slot on the 144hz is already used by a ps5. the 3060 is gonna have 3 display ports and 1 hdmi. how can i get this all working, from a cursory google search display port to dvi convertor wouldnt work for 144hz.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have 2 monitors for my setup, one basic 60hz that uses hdmi, and the second is a 144hz one that has either hdmi or dvi, the hdmi slot on the 144hz is already used by a ps5. the 3060 is gonna have 3 display ports and 1 hdmi. how can i get this all working, from a cursory google search display port to dvi convertor wouldnt work for 144hz.
What monitors are they specifically? Can we get the make and models?

DVI is extremely old now and not supported by modern GPU's, you'd have to use a DVI to Display Port cable, but that would only manage 60Hz.

If you're intent on keeping that display, the only option to get the full 144Hz is to use HDMI.

Panguin

What monitors are they specifically? Can we get the make and models?

DVI is extremely old now and not supported by modern GPU's, you'd have to use a DVI to Display Port cable, but that would only manage 60Hz.

If you're intent on keeping that display, the only option to get the full 144Hz is to use HDMI.
144hz one is an acer GN246HL
the 60 hz is a Benq GL2450H
can you get hdmi splitters that work for 144hz ? dont really want to have to change hdmi cable each time i use my ps5

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's exactly the kind of thing to go for, but that states a maximum of 120Hz at 1080p and doesn't mention 1440p at all nor PC support, so I would avoid that one personally. I think if it did support 1440p, it would only be at 100Hz max, if it had support at all.

It states it's HDMI 2.0 which would in fact support 1080p 240Hz, so there's something amiss with that generally.

The ONLY way to achieve it is with an HDMI 2.0 switch. This area does seem quite a niche one.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's exactly the kind of thing to go for, but that states a maximum of 120Hz at 1080p and doesn't mention 1440p at all nor PC support, so I would avoid that one personally. I think if it did support 1440p, it would only be at 100Hz max, if it had support at all.

It states it's HDMI 2.0 which would in fact support 1080p 240Hz, so there's something amiss with that generally.

The ONLY way to achieve it is with an HDMI 2.0 switch. This area does seem quite a niche one.

Yeah, looking through the listing it looks increasingly less legitimate. There are others around on Amazon that look a little less sketchy though.