New rig, new monitor

liakey

As promised, a pic of my new pc set up. The speakers are a little tired and need replacing, and the monitor barely fits the space (new desk at some point down the line methinks), but it runs like a dream.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the build!
IMG_20210709_185059838_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 41971

As promised, a pic of my new pc set up. The speakers are a little tired and need replacing, and the monitor barely fits the space (new desk at some point down the line methinks), but it runs like a dream.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the build!View attachment 27717

nice setup,

may I ask what size is the monitor?

liakey

I have the same model and going from a 24 inch screen to a 34 inch felt like it was going to be really difficult to get used to but it was absolutely fine. The gentle curve of the monitor also means that it doesn't actually take up much more room than a 27 inch screen would. Would highly recommend ultrawide to anyone :)
I second that. I was nervous that it wouldn't fit and would be overwhelming, but having experienced this monitor in action I can recommend it whole-heartedly.

CMP01

Enthusiast
I have the same model and going from a 24 inch screen to a 34 inch felt like it was going to be really difficult to get used to but it was absolutely fine. The gentle curve of the monitor also means that it doesn't actually take up much more room than a 27 inch screen would. Would highly recommend ultrawide to anyone :)

Totally. For me it's curved ultrawide (21:9, not 32:9, I find them janky) or nothing. Don't mind much if it's VA or IPS... probably favour a good VA more tbh... as long as it's not TN, ugh.
AOC's are also generally really good for the price. My last 2560x1080 monitor was one and while that res isn't amazing nowadays it was a solid workhorse, no issues at all.

dtang_ie

Bronze Level Poster
I recently got the Alienware AW3821DW and now just waiting for my PC to be built. I'll anticipate 2+ months.