New Samsung Odyssey G7 4k 144Hz out now!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Big kudos to @sck451 for finding this one available now for sale at PCWorld for £699

Don't know how this went unnoticed but reviews started coming out a couple of days ago.

Couldn't find any more currently, I'm sure they'll be out soon and will update

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is it not a bit small to get the benefit of 4k though?
(says the man with a 5k 27" iMac screen in front of him)
Yeah, that's a big bone of contention, all the budget monitors tend to be 27", the higher priced models are all 32" and over, with most of them being over 40".

I have a 28" 4K, and I would personally say it's too small, it's fine for gaming, but within windows it's too small, I personally wouldn't go for anything under 32".

MrWilson

Godlike
Hopefully the new G7 will have a 32 inch variant too, similar to how the last generation had a 27 and 32 inch option. That being said there are a lot of quality 28 inch 4k 144hz panels hitting the market at the moment.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
4K 60FPS seems to be the max for the consoles, you could have got a monitor for cheaper that would handle that no problem. This monitor is pretty overkill for that

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
4K 60FPS seems to be the max for the consoles, you could have got a monitor for cheaper that would handle that no problem. This monitor is pretty overkill for that
both tge xbox and playstation do 4k 120hz, i think its actually upscaled from 1440p, but its very good. HDMI 2.1 is designed specifically for the consoles

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Can confirm. got the monitor this morning. it is great :) happy played 120hz on my ps5 on rocket league, Cyberpunk and ghost tunami all looks amazingggg.

tried out my pc also and resident evil 6 was lush. coming from a ben q HD design monitor I am very happy :D

the quick swap is nice. can literally turn my ps5 on and it promps