New System

Sweeney47

my friend works in IT although mainly network orientated, I was talking to him yesterday we were discussing how big cards are getting and he was saying that in the future he expects the motherboard to become obsolete...

Gorman

Author Level
Thanks for the pics Gorman.

Got any suggestions on which Bench marks to use?

Thanks.

(Edit, bit disappointed with FFXIV Official Benchmark, gave me 4000 score on high (Was expecting 6k~). while people with lower machines are getting higher scores, but there have been complaints the benchmark is buggy/faulty)

Also got my 8800GTX lying about somewhere, I remember seeing that for the first time, it was frigging huge!

Benchmark using Vantage.

FF benchmark means very little, especially when comparing to other systems that may have different hardware and or been overclocked.

Squalion

Downloading / Installing Vantage now. Will post results ASAP - Have yet to play any games yet as i'm still transferring all my old files (Music, Photos etc) from my filehost.

Gonna check out what Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 look like asap :)!

Quander

the extreme audio card gets bad reviews. It's not really an X-fire but basically a creative audigy card

I have the X-Fi Extreme Gamer for over 1yr now and more than happy with it from watching movies, gaming and music - and hooked up to a T7700 Inspire 7.1 Speaker setup - presently just around the monitor not room hooked up but still awesome sound :D

Gorman

Author Level
when you first set it off you can choose between Extreme, High, Performance etc. The X score you posted is Extreme, we need it in Performance which will give a P score to compare =]

Squalion

Oooo, Ok, I'll start it again and post a performance score - Is that what I should be judging it by against other peoples?

p.s. Thanks for the help!

Squalion

Got it Gorman,

Verdict?

Seems low to me? :/

61990889.jpg

Gorman

Author Level
Not at all

Compare to mine on stock with an I7 920 and GTX480

4771946915_475561b547.jpg

or PaulH with his AMD 965 and a GTX 460

vantage.jpg

Squalion

Need to check if I can fit another 480gtx in there with everything still running ok! What do you think Gorman? Gotta check if I got the room!

Gorman

Author Level
Im afraid you wont be able to without taking out the wireless card or sound card. SLI 480's? That would be pretty brutal.

Squalion

Yeah, I was looking at the room and figured as much, I can take the wireless out I think. Do you think heat would be a problem?

Thanks.

P. S. Any other suggestions for sli 480s?

PaulH

Bright Spark
You quite simply dont need SLI'd 480s dude, not unless you live in alaska and dont want to pay for heating :)