New to PCS

michty_me

Good morning All,

I've decided to sign up after a couple of years of viewing and looking at the setups on the forums and shop.
I've also been pointed here a couple of times for gaming laptop setups which I may be looking at purchasing soon.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good morning All,

I've decided to sign up after a couple of years of viewing and looking at the setups on the forums and shop.
I've also been pointed here a couple of times for gaming laptop setups which I may be looking at purchasing soon.

Hope to speak to you all soon.
Welcome! Fingers crossed we’ll see some Ryzen 4000 chassis arriving soon, would be amazing.

Good to have you here.

michty_me

Welcome! Fingers crossed we’ll see some Ryzen 4000 chassis arriving soon, would be amazing.

Good to have you here.

Hi Spydertracks!
Thanks for the warm welcome. That is what I'm hoping and going to hold off on ordering for a little while to see if anything gets announced.
I think I would like a 4800H paired with a 2070. That should hopefully last a good few years.
I've recently had a rough time with purchase and failure of an Asus laptop. I got a couple of months use out of it and only being offered a partial refund.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
think I would like a 4800H paired with a 2070. That should hopefully last a good few years.
I've recently had a rough time with purchase and failure of an Asus laptop. I got a couple of months use out of it and only being offered a partial refund.
That’s the specs I’m holding out for as well, preferably with a 1440p screen but not so optimistic about that last part, but 1080p would still be fine.

Ive heard ASUS support is absolutely dreadful, and unfortunately their quality control is well known to be the worst amongst manufacturers as they make such high volumes. It’s a shame.

But you’re in the right place. If you need any advice on anything, do ask, we’re all happy to help out where we can :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello and welcome! :)

Don't be afraid to ask, we have some very knowledgeable people on here and we don't work for PCS either, so you get honest advice. We're nice people too. 😷

michty_me

I think I would be happy enough with a 1080P display at 144hz, Its more the goodies inside that I am after.
Yes, I don't think I'll be looking at one of their laptops again when you can get a customised PCS one for lesser money and greater warranty.
I'm sure I will have plenty questions before my purchases.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think I would be happy enough with a 1080P display at 144hz, Its more the goodies inside that I am after.
Yes, I don't think I'll be looking at one of their laptops again when you can get a customised PCS one for lesser money and greater warranty.
I'm sure I will have plenty questions before my purchases.
Please do ask. A common problem we see on here is customers who have bought without asking for advice and they then come back here asking why it doesn't perform the way they'd hoped. PCS will build what you order, all they will do is check that the components will work together, but that's a world away from having them work sportively and efficiently together. That's where the smart people on here can help. 😷

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
When I specced mine I specced two 2080ti and after talking to guys and researching some more I found out that the games I wanted to play can't even handle SLI and in fact - it would perform even worse .. Thankfully PCS makes it easy to change an order. So yea - do ask :)

michty_me

I'm fairly capable at building my own computers. I've been building at home since I started my apprenticeship so a good few years back now.

I'll still chuck up a thread once I decided which route to go with a laptop but I've got a plan in my head, We just need to be able to order it.