New to the Forum… and the World.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Great to see everyone doing well mate. Take it all in as much as you can, take pictures (Pre & post bump), get a timeline and a story to show the little guy when he is older :)

Make sure you do it with the first though, if a second comes along you'll just leave them to fend for themselves as you've seen it, done it and bought alllllll the t-shirts :ROFLMAO:

FYI, I have about 3,000,000 pictures of my first, and around 18 of my second. I love them both equally and unconditionally, it's just the way things go when you've seen it all before :D

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Great to see everyone doing well mate. Take it all in as much as you can, take pictures (Pre & post bump), get a timeline and a story to show the little guy when he is older :)

Make sure you do it with the first though, if a second comes along you'll just leave them to fend for themselves as you've seen it, done it and bought alllllll the t-shirts :ROFLMAO:

FYI, I have about 3,000,000 pictures of my first, and around 18 of my second. I love them both equally and unconditionally, it's just the way things go when you've seen it all before :D
As the second child in my family I am all too familiar with this. My sister’s baby book is immaculate and crammed with pictures and stories of precious memories.

Mine has a page and a half and two photographs 😐

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am now able to fully feel him kicking and punching his poor mother if I place a hand on her belly. It’s so weird!

Magical and terrifying are combining, I salute the glorious Mrs C for providing a safe and loving home for him to grow up in.
How long is it now?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
How long is it now?
He’s due on May 6th, if he’s the punctual type. So it could be anywhere between 4/8 weeks.

Be prepared for some sporadic and irrational posts from me when he’s landed and I am fully sleep deprived.

‘Have you updated Windows recently?’

‘Yes, apart from those pointless optional ones’

CFD8EB18-11F2-4790-A0B1-CD0536B3CD1F.png

barlew

Godlike
He’s due on May 6th, if he’s the punctual type. So it could be anywhere between 4/8 weeks.

Be prepared for some sporadic and irrational posts from me when he’s landed and I am fully sleep deprived.

‘Have you updated Windows recently?’

‘Yes, apart from those pointless optional ones’

View attachment 32860
Hahah those weeks will fly by. Enjoy what sleep you can get now! I am averaging about 2 hours a night at the minute!

barlew

Godlike
Good grief. I may be even more savage than usual if I hit numbers like that.
To be fair the biggest drama I have right now is my 2 year old has turned into an little gremlin. The minute she worked out the baby was here to stay she transformed and she is giving me far more problems than the baby.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Found a lovely Latvian lady on Etsy who will add prints and the like to baby clothes. So I commissioned this:

9F665A07-ED07-4347-B2B7-B994CDAA844D.jpeg

I had to include a note saying ‘please don’t think I’m a terrible human being, this next picture will explain things’

0F5F9C14-769F-4343-B85A-E03BE948C803.jpeg

(I wasn’t sure how popular old episodes of the Simpsons are in Latvia so played it safe. She hadn’t seen the episode but said it made her laugh… I’m still expecting a call from social services any day now)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Found a lovely Latvian lady on Etsy who will add prints and the like to baby clothes. So I commissioned this:

View attachment 33040

I had to include a note saying ‘please don’t think I’m a terrible human being, this next picture will explain things’

View attachment 33041

(I wasn’t sure how popular old episodes of the Simpsons are in Latvia so played it safe. She hadn’t seen the episode but said it made her laugh… I’m still expecting a call from social services any day now)
So what does Mrs C reckon.....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Don't listen to them @AgentCooper.... you might get lucky.

When my 1st was born she wouldn't take to the boob. I got kicked out around 11pm and went home to bed, ex was in for a day just coz it was our first. When I got back in the next morning her eyes were down to her knees and the wee one was screaming pretty much non-stop. The nurses kept at us to keep trying the boob to no avail. After a full day (and night) of screaming I broke into one of the cupboards and got a formula bottle. Fed the wee one and she fell straight to sleep. She was very sleepy. They decided to do tests and noticed her blood sugar was very low (no surprise, she hadn't eaten). Long story short, they tried to blame the new parents for not feeding our kid. I got stuck RIGHT into them as if we had went home there would have been no issue..... anyway, to my point.

The wee lass loved her bottle after that. You can imagine, here 1st conditioned response was to eat like a horse whenever she got the opportunity as she had no idea when it would come again. This led to a fantastic feeding regime that led to a wonderful sleep/feed balance. We had one week of waking through the night for feeds, after those 7 days, she started sleeping through. Initially we would put her down around 10pm and she would wake around 8..... that gradually became 9pm and sleeping until 9am (12 hours a night).... no feeds in between but a nappy check by me in the morning before I left for work.

When she was around 6 months, we moved her into her own room. The 1st weekend after we woke up at 11.30am with a major fright. We both jumped up, my ex was almost sobbing as we made our way into her room. She was still spark out. She slept so long we had genuinely feared the worst going in there. But nope..... she was just a great sleeper.

She turns 12 next week. If I wake her before 11am at the weekend she is a total grump. Still loves her pit.

Then our 2nd was born. There was no way we were going to be so lucky again and there was no way we were going to introduce trauma to the kid so that we could get a kip...... so we were going to have to just put up with it. We attempted exactly the same patterns with the wee one but it was just no good, we never got that lucky again. That little toerag would have us up at 7.30am.... every single day..... after going to bed around 9-10pm and sleeping through.

To this day she still wakes up around 8.30am (she's 6). Murder. Can't wait to get my sleep again ;)