New to the Forum… and the World.

D

Deleted member 41971

Mrs C is going to be annoyed when I buy the kid a bag of mixed size zip ties and some ‘practice cables’ for their first birthday

Agent C child's first be
LED Night Color Light Nite Lite Baby Crib Kids Nursery Teen Bedroom Bed  Room Kit

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Yep. I grew up on a council estate with a diet of drizzle and Findus Crispy Pancakes, kids have much more refined tastes these days.

A few years ago I went to see my three year old niece and asked her what it was that she was eating. ‘Mango’ was her reply. I didn’t sample a mango until I was in my twenties! Fruit in my hometown came in a can… with syrup.
In Aberdeenshire fruit is dipped in batter and deep fried (as are Mars bars, Milky Ways and Bounty bars - also pizza)

D

Deleted member 41971

In Aberdeenshire fruit is dipped in batter and deep fried (as are Mars bars, Milky Ways and Bounty bars - also pizza)

well, i will ask, what does a deep fried pizza taste like?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don’t know. I am English, so have not been brought up on the local delicacies. @AgentCooper is originally from north of the border, so may have developed a taste for them 🤣
They are… glorious. Just your average cheap frozen pizza but deep frying unlocks a multitude of gastronomic wonderments. They’re terrible for you, though. My arteries go clang just looking at them.

Gentlemen, let's me reminder that Ms C is french, so, French food it is
(because, let's be honest, english food is not really fod, but, the french one ... hum, we have marvellous dish here ... )

No, no, i'm not partial !!! :D
We shall endeavour to make sure l’enfant experiences a wide range of foods from both of our cultures. When they’re old enough I’m looking forward to taking them for their first steak haché.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
THEM ???
i though the twin joke was an actual joke Oo

Otherwise, was those 2 words (l'enfant and steak haché) the only french words you know ? XD

Joke aside, if my memories are good, you worked as a Chef, so i'm pretty sure everything will be allright (except if you were an english chef, and for that, my only comment will be "crawl, crawl for your life child !")

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
THEM ???
i though the twin joke was an actual joke Oo

Otherwise, was those 2 words (l'enfant and steak haché) the only french words you know ? XD

Joke aside, if my memories are good, you worked as a Chef, so i'm pretty sure everything will be allright (except if you were an english chef, and for that, my only comment will be "crawl, crawl for your life child !")
‘Them’ was because we don’t know if the child is male or female yet. And saying ‘it’ seems a little dehumanising.

I know more French but am banned from speaking it by Mrs Cooper 😆

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh ! my bad, it's true that "them" can be used as a neutral
(please, forgive me, the day was long, very long ...)

I thought, when i saw the begining of your sentence that you said "... am banned ... by the rules of the forum XD)

But why did Ms C banned you ? your terrible english emphasis ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
But why did Ms C banned you ? your terrible english emphasis ?
Mrs C explained it best to me by describing French as a language that when you speak it, it comes from the throat. Where I’m from we speak in a much more nasal way so French sounds a bit wrong to her when I speak it.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh, ok ^^
And I don't really know what to answer tonight
This look like a (more or less) good reason, but the good results come with practice, so ...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Gentlemen, let's me reminder that Ms C is french, so, French food it is
(because, let's be honest, english food is not really fod, but, the french one ... hum, we have marvellous dish here ... )

No, no, i'm not partial !!! :D
A typical french delicacy is Moules et Frites

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd say is more belgian rather than french (because there is a restaurant chain named "Leon of Bruxelle" and their main course is "moule frites")
But the fact is, i don't really like the course, so, i don't really know XD