New TV and Surround sound - HELP and SETUP

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Hello everyone,

I wasnt quite sure where to put this so I put it in here, so apologies if it is in the wrong place!

Ok, so, basically we are looking to buy a new TV, bluray player and surround sound system. Here is what we have in mind:
- The TV: 51" Plasma Samsung (Click)
- The Bluray/5.1 System: 5.1 Bluray 3D (Click)

So basically, what do you guys think of these?
Both are 3D which is a real bonus, and aren't too expensive.

The point I need help with, is how does everything link up? What cables connect the speakers to the blu ray player? OR do they connect straight to the TV? What cables would it be?

Also I need to fix a Free Sat HD box in the set up as well? so how would that work?

Sorry to sound like such a noob, I just really dont want to get this wrong, it's for the whole family :s haha.

Thanks everyone, your help is greatly appreciated.

:D

Last edited:

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
I would assume that the speakers go straight into the Bluray player as its also a sort of amplifier, its probably just 3.5mm jacks, same as headphones, they should be labelled as well where to go.

The BLuray player will then just plug into your TV via a HDMI lead.

It says on the spec list for the Bluray player that is has a digital input so you might be able to use this on the Freesat HD box you said you needed to plug in.

They are called optical cables, get a belkin pureav on ebay, good cables and not too expensive, you should then be able to use this cable to send the sound from the Freesat HD box to the bluray player so it can play it out the speakers, you would still need to have a HDMI lead connecting the Freesat HD to the TV though as that will send the picture, the HDMI will also send sound so you don't have to have the bluray player on to watch TV.

Hope that isn't too complicated and helps a bit mate.