Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Order this beast over a month ago

Case
THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME X299-A II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, RGB Ready
CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-10940X 14 Core (3.30GHz @ up to 4.6GHz)
Memory (RAM)
256GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (8 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Custom Liquid Cooling Kit
Liquid Series RGB High Kit - EK
Braided Power Supply Cables
CORSAIR Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit Pro - Black
Cost
£7,272.00

Monitor
Acer x34p Predator

This is the first time I paid so much for a PC. It took three weeks to be built, was delivered on a pallet and it didn't work. It took over a week to get back to PCS. First they wanted to send some random white van man to pick it up and only after I asked if that is really what they want to do with a system that cost over £7k so they eventually decided to send a pallet truck again. Of course that delayed the RMA even more so.

It is now sitting for three days at 'RMA Received' so who knows how long until I get it back and in what state.

What's wrong with it ? No GPU output. I mean the build quality is fantastic - but what's the point if it doesn't work ey...

Then the day it was supposed to be shipped they told me the original monitor I ordered was out of stock - even though it remained in stock on the website. So the above monitor is purchased from OCUK.

Although randomly they sent back two heatsinks for two GPUs even though I only had one card. So no clue what happened there.

1.jpeg

steaky360

Sad to hear you had issues when it arrived but none the less good outcome ultimately!

Looks amazing though!

ALL the RAM.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Hope it will be a good outcome ... still waiting for them to even look at it ... I am working for a virtualization provider so I needed a gaming PC but also a station that can double up as virtualization host - hence the multi cores and high memory ... Likely run vSphere from USB and m2s

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would have suggested Threadripper but it's certainly a beast of a system 😬

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Bad experience with 256GB of RAM to be honest ... I don't think it can actually address it. Not sure.

steaky360

Hope it will be a good outcome ... still waiting for them to even look at it ... I am working for a virtualization provider so I needed a gaming PC but also a station that can double up as virtualization host - hence the multi cores and high memory ... Likely run vSphere from USB and m2s
Oh man sorry I was clearly asleep when I posted previously! I thought you had received it back... PCS will see you right! Please keep us in touch with how things go (good or bad!).

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Apparently it can take up to three weeks right now. Assuming when I get it and runs perfectly, it'll be two months since order.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Apparently it can take up to three weeks right now. Assuming when I get it and runs perfectly, it'll be two months since order.
Given the worldwide virus situation, which affects PCS's supply chains as well as their build rates (with fewer staff spaced out more) it's not that surprising, though horribly frustrating. I live on Crete and we need a new fridge/freezer but all shops, except food shops, have been closed since early March now, so we can't even order a new one..... :eek:

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Oh yea I don't blame them. I am more annoyed that it took more than a week to get the pickup sorted and yea - the fact I really hoped I can use it for my vacation next week :(

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Feeling a bit stupid that I ordered a custom PC during this time. Been six weeks now since order.

RMA still sitting at received nearly a week on. As I say. I understand why the delay, just won't change the disappointment and fear that the fixed one breaks too during transport.

EdanC

Hey buddy, any updates at all?
Did this get damaged in transit, or they didn't test this before sending it to you?

I'm concerned they didn't do a GPU output test - I just spent £6k on my build, currently two weeks into 'Pre-production' and I hope they test everything... I really don't want to have a headache with issues like you're having.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry for the late reply - I thought my account was deleted as I couldn't login - took a while to realise I used the wrong mail. Anyway @EdanC - The first error was potentially a problem with the monitor - it seems that the bios throws a GPU error even if the cable isn't plugged in correctly or the monitor throws a fit ... Rather than the GPU - stupid design. But what annoyed me most was the shipping issues .. I had two RMAs (second one was an RGB LED started fizzing in the reservoir). Both times, despite me warning them by phone, email and ticket, they send the wrong courier causing more delays. Anyway - since its last RMA the PC is performing brilliantly. I cannot fault the (now) quality. Even with a nested vSphere environment running 4 hosts with 64GB RAM inside VMware Workstation, the CPU runs at pretty much room temperature. Every game I can play at Extreme / Ultra setting, including Crysis, yet running said VMs at the same time.

So yea in summary - build quality top notch
Customer Service - could be improved.

One thing I would make sure: If you get your PC delivered on a pallet - make sure they pick it up on a pallet and refuse DPD. That was what they forgot a few times despite chasing.

2020-07-30_10-46-38.png

And despite the performance - this thing is utterly silent - my keyboard click is louder than this thing ...

Bottom line - it was worth the money and wait - and at £7200 I was anxious too - believe me :)