New Workstation

andswa

You've selected an older motherboard which won't be able to power the M2 drive which is PCIe 4. Only X570 boards have PCIe 4

Stick with the 550W PSU, it's worth it to have the higher rated PSU and headroom for expansion in the future.

You want the OS on the M2 drive.
I didnt realise I had change the mother board! I have now copied your template again to cross reference tobthe order and make sure I havent altered anything else.

Thank you again

Andrew

andswa

actually I didnt change the mother board that opeion isnt available any more. its the ASUIS ROG board (X570) or the Giogabyte X570

andswa

I opted for the ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - RGB Ready! as its gen 2 it added a bit to bthe cost but i couldnmt see an alternative

mdwh

Enthusiast
What reason do you need pro? It's not like previous versions of windows where it provides loads of extra features, the only feature it adds is the ability to connect to a domain.
I think there are a couple of other features: ability to connect to with Remote Desktop (I know there are free alternatives like VNC, but I prefer remote desktop) and the full Bitlocker (although apparently Home now has the ability to encrypt the primary drive at least I think - again there are free alternatives like Veracrypt, but I prefer to stick with Microsoft's default rather than third party when it comes to full disk encryption).

I agree that people should review whether they care about the features rather than just assuming it's better.