news on vortex II and 7970m

pijeon

just wanted to share this with anyone with vortex 2 , like me , hoping to upgrade to a 7970m soon.

as you may or not know sager/clevo (basically the system behind vortex 2) said they wont be supporting the 7970m in the vortex 2 cause of problems with hardware / software issues.

after a big petition on laptop forums , they started to look in to ways of getting it working in p150hm (vortex 2) and successfully ran 3d mark in one , achieving about 5811 marks , with no crashes.

this is very encouraging news, but not conclusive and still in question if it will be supported or work properly without issue. here is a link to the update:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...on-bios-updates-clevo-hm-model-series-36.html

i would very much like a pcs member to have a look at this and comment on whether, in light of this, that if successful, they will offer the 7970m as an upgrade for 150hm owners?

if this is old news to anyone i apologise, but thought i wouls share :)

pij

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I can confirm that earlier this week we were able to get a 7970M working with drivers installed in a 15.6" Vortex II chassis. If you would like to order one of these, the GPU (2GB 7970M) including VAT, collection and re-delivery, labour and installation will cost £240. We have not yet tested this on a 17.3" chassis.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
I can confirm that earlier this week we were able to get a 7970M working with drivers installed in a 15.6" Vortex II chassis. If you would like to order one of these, the GPU (2GB 7970M) including VAT, collection and re-delivery, labour and installation will cost £240. We have not yet tested this on a 17.3" chassis.

Can you confirm that to me? The total cost is £240? (cuz it seems fairly cheap) If this is true, U sir, have a customer here ;)