No BIOS Startup Screen

Roger W Turner

Excellent Maestro (564053) from an excellent company. Just a few questions which I'll ask one at a time.

When I boot the screen immediately goes into the OS startup. No BIOS startup screen. I've managed to get it a couple of times but I don't know how. If it's in the documentation I apologise.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
To boot to bios settings normally you would need to tap the del (delete) key on startup,it may be a different keyboard key depending on the motherboard.
You should see the necessary key appear in a corner of your screen on startup.

Roger W Turner

You misread my question. I'm not asking how to get to the BIOS setup screen from the BIOS startup screen. I'm asking how to get to the BIOS startup screen, which is NOT appearing.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You misread my question. I'm not asking how to get to the BIOS setup screen from the BIOS startup screen. I'm asking how to get to the BIOS startup screen, which is NOT appearing.
If the PC is starting up and you have no problems I wouldn't worry about it,it just means it's booting up pretty fast but everything is being loaded ok.

Roger W Turner

What a rude and condescending reply. I politely asked, in the AIO technical support forum, for technical support on how to get the BIOS startup screen on startup. Forget it. I'll put in a ticket.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What a rude and condescending reply. I politely asked, in the AIO technical support forum, for technical support on how to get the BIOS startup screen on startup. Forget it. I'll put in a ticket.
Sorry you feel like that,I was only trying to help,I can't see how I was being rude and condescending.

Last edited:

zephyrdragon

Just wanting to comment here for those who are Googling this problem like I was (I had to ring to find out) - if you don't see the Bios screen it means your computer is in a special mode (can't remember what he said it was called) which means it will boot faster. To get to the boot menu and change the boot order or other options you need to press F2 when it turns on (he told me to repeatedly press it, not hold it if that makes a difference).

Hope this helps someone in the future! :)

T

TheGeeza

How you interpreted it like that I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oliver

Silver Level Poster
Hey Roger,

vanthus is only trying to help, Keep in mind this is a community forum and anything posted on here is not officially from PCS. Your best route would be to call PCS or drop them an email. While I understand your frustration with the BIOS problem your best route would be go thought the official support route for this query.

Many Thanks
Oliver