No G-Sync setup option

Please help. I have just received my laptop back with a 144hz Gsync display. This is the Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz LED Widescreen (1920x1080) + G-Sync.
After enabling Discrete mode in both bios and 3d control centre, I cannot get the "setup Gsync" option to show. I have used DDU to remove drivers and installed cleanly Geforce experience and nvidia control panel. I have restarted the machine and made sure nothing is running. Nothing I do gives me the option to "setup Gsync". Does anyone have a working solution. I have attached a screenshot of my nvidia control panel below.

Attachments

• gsyn.png
    gsyn.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 312

ExistedName

Hi

Your problem still exist ?? I have a same problem .... 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz G-sync screen but I can't seen the G-sync function in nVidia control panel .

nVidia conrtol panel.jpg

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
No idea, but perhaps check BIOS settings if it can be enabled there, or if you need to switch it to discrete GPU / discrete GPU only?

You could also remove the Nvidia drivers with DDU and try a clean reinstall.

If that doesn't work or nobody else has any bright ideas on the forums, give PCS a call (they're open to 5pm Saturdays, 8pm weekdays) and ask them about this. Let us know what they say as it seems a few people are having this and sharing the feedback could be helpful. :)

Jacko007

press F2 on boot to enter BIOS settings, change MShybrid option to Discrete - this will mean the laptop will use the NVidia card and you will now have the option in the NVidia control panel to set up Gsync in the display options that were missing before. Not sure how to optimise battery life though...

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Gsync has always been exclusive of technologies like Optimus. Which I guess is not surprising :)