no internet , windows updates issue, cant work this out

leea123

Enthusiast
Hi all am little confused, About a week or so ago i came home from work switched pc on . I had the globe on taskbar, was saying connected to network but no internet .. I then proceeded to do a little research , and i ended up updating my bios, and that all went well .

I then booted pc and still the same , no internet . I was very puzzled , I then discovered that sometimes windows updates can cause issues , I checked and there had been some updates recently . I removed the updates and re booted the pc. There we go all good internet back again .

I then reinstalled the updates , all working ok . I thought maybe just bad install , i am not an expert in all this . Then today i had same issue no internet again, although everything in house was working on internet just my desktop ethernet and wifi connection . So this time i went and looked at windows updates and it had installed some today . I removed those, rebooted and all ok again .

I then searched for new updates , but it said none was available which is strange as i just deleted some , But just can not work out why this happens . At moment i have turned off auto updates for a month to test.

So in summary i think i know how to correct it when it goes wrong, but do not understand how or why it happens , and not sure what to do to correct the issue, Could it be a windows update issues with my build at moment ? . Have followed all guides about resetting network adapters and all that, but the only thing that worked was removing windows update. Very very confused,. but can not see this being a rma issue unless it is the start of my motherboard going wrong.

Very confused and input be great. Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all am little confused, About a week or so ago i came home from work switched pc on . I had the globe on taskbar, was saying connected to network but no internet .. I then proceeded to do a little research , and i ended up updating my bios, and that all went well .

I then booted pc and still the same , no internet . I was very puzzled , I then discovered that sometimes windows updates can cause issues , I checked and there had been some updates recently . I removed the updates and re booted the pc. There we go all good internet back again .

I then reinstalled the updates , all working ok . I thought maybe just bad install , i am not an expert in all this . Then today i had same issue no internet again, although everything in house was working on internet just my desktop ethernet and wifi connection . So this time i went and looked at windows updates and it had installed some today . I removed those, rebooted and all ok again .

I then searched for new updates , but it said none was available which is strange as i just deleted some , But just can not work out why this happens . At moment i have turned off auto updates for a month to test.

So in summary i think i know how to correct it when it goes wrong, but do not understand how or why it happens , and not sure what to do to correct the issue, Could it be a windows update issues with my build at moment ? . Have followed all guides about resetting network adapters and all that, but the only thing that worked was removing windows update. Very very confused,. but can not see this being a rma issue unless it is the start of my motherboard going wrong.

Very confused and input be great. Thanks
What are your full specs from the order page?

leea123

Enthusiast
hi there thanks here is spec
only change was a different case and a 2080 super gpu
What are your full specs from the order page?
Case
THERMALTAKE V200 TEMPERED GLASS RGB EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2 x HDMI, 2 x DP
1st Storage Drive
500GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 535MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days
Promotional Item
Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Welcome Book

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can you go into device manager and take a screenshot of your network adapters:

1605979360339.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
How long have you had the PC? Updating the BIOS without permission from PCS wasn't wise.

Next time you lose the Internet open a command prompt and enter the command ipconfig /flushdns. See whether that helps.

I very much doubt its Windows updates that are causing your problem, unless they were driver updates for your network adapters.

Blocking Windows updates is likely to create more problems than it appears to solve.

leea123

Enthusiast
How long have you had the PC? Updating the BIOS without permission from PCS wasn't wise.

Next time you lose the Internet open a command prompt and enter the command ipconfig /flushdns. See whether that helps.

I very much doubt its Windows updates that are causing your problem, unless they were driver updates for your network adapters.

Blocking Windows updates is likely to create more problems than it appears to solve.
had it just over a year now so part warranty would be void as i only had the silver warranty

leea123

Enthusiast
I'm willing to bet there's nothing wrong with your network adapter. I think the reason you're losing connection is due to the VPN being a dud connection. Is it set to automatically connect at boot?
no i was thinking that myself , i did uninstall the vpn and i still had the issue when this first started but made no difference , have been running the vpn for about 9 months no issue , it does not open at boot up. i have to open program myself
thanks for your time