No picture showing on my monitor - anyone have any ideas?

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys,

I went and bought the Samsung Odyssey G5 and I finally set everything up only to find that the monitor isn't showing a picture. Currently using the HDMI cable that came with the monitor, could that be the issue? The light on the power button is lit and I can access the screen menu but that's all.

Anyone have any ideas? Knew I should've contained my excitement until I was sure everything was working lol.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
The previous monitor was fine I take it?

If you post your full PC specs from the order page some of the more in the know posters will have a better idea of what the problem might be.

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
The previous monitor was fine I take it?

If you post your full PC specs from the order page some of the more in the know posters will have a better idea of what the problem might be.
There was no previous monitor bud. First custom PC and new monitor.

I connected it to my laptop and the screen worked fine but connecting back to my PC it still shows nothing.

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There was no previous monitor bud. First custom PC and new monitor.

I connected it to my laptop and the screen worked fine but connecting back to my PC it still shows nothing.

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Take the graphic card out & reinstall it

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
No if he's getting a picture on the G9 using laptop rather than PC it proves monitor and cable are good
This is where I jump in and say this "he" is a "she" lol. Do I need to take the graphic card out completely? And then just put it back in?

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
Make sure the monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard.
You just had to say it... 😂 I'm saying nothing. The main thing is it's working and I learnt something new. Well 2 things. 1of them I'm not admitting to and the other is how to remove a graphics card. Thank you for your help as always guys!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You just had to say it... 😂 I'm saying nothing. The main thing is it's working and I learnt something new. Well 2 things. 1of them I'm not admitting to and the other is how to remove a graphics card. Thank you for your help as always guys!
Lols, no worries, you're not the first and won't be the last :)

It's all learning (y)