No Service

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Only 100? My credit card is maxed out so I’ll send him more than that just to see if he’ll take some of my family as collateral for the gigantic build that I’ve convinced myself I need. There’s always a couple of relatives you regret. It would be useful if they could be converted into RAM.....
I think we'd need to see photos of the relatives first...... :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only 100? My credit card is maxed out so I’ll send him more than that just to see if he’ll take some of my family as collateral for the gigantic build that I’ve convinced myself I need. There’s always a couple of relatives you regret. It would be useful if they could be converted into RAM.....
I regularly tell my daughters I'm spending their inheritance & they can argue over the bikes and computer stuff when I'm gone

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
Oh dear. You do realise that you are now about to get 100 PMs asking about queue levels and positions. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1612178191232.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I think we've all had our fun here for now. Can we get back on topic please? :)
Yes sorry. I’m brand new here and only learning the ropes. 😳

One of the things that has led me to buy with PCS is the combination of long wait times for builds with large numbers of happy customers. That doesn’t happen without good CS and follow ups - even if those follow ups take a while.

I think the OPs case is an outlier - not much use to him at all of course - but hopefully he’ll get sorted out quickly now....

SPYUK148

Yeah and imagine if the technology existed where you could leave your number and someone called you back when it was your place in the queue rather than wait over 2 hours on the phone...?

Oh no wait a minute.....:unsure:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Yeah and imagine if the technology existed where you could leave your number and someone called you back when it was your place in the queue rather than wait over 2 hours on the phone...?

Oh no wait a minute.....:unsure:
Surely you can see how such a system would actually make response times dis-improve dramatically? Every Tom, Ed and Larry would be in the queue, including those who just want to know when their 3080 GPU will arrive or what colour the inside of their SSD will be.

So your problem doesn’t seem to be the time waiting for a response - it’s that your jigsaw puzzle won’t complete itself while you’re physically on hold.

I’m not trying to be a smart arse - I understand your issue of course - who in their right mind wants to sit on hold, particularly if the hold music is crap. (I don’t actually know what PCS’s music is like? Noisy I expect?)

But such a system would only make it better for you - while the situation would actually get worse for PCS. You’re the customer of course and why shouldn’t they keep you happy? But when your firefighting you don’t really need to ensure the water your using is at a comfortable temperature - you just need to put the fire out.

Cut them some slack for the times we’re in I say. If it’s still the same when all this worldwide stuff is over, then I’ll join you with a loudhailer and a nice cup of tea....

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Surely you can see how such a system would actually make response times dis-improve dramatically? Every Tom, Ed and Larry would be in the queue, including those who just want to know when their 3080 GPU will arrive or what colour the inside of their SSD will be.

So your problem doesn’t seem to be the time waiting for a response - it’s that your jigsaw puzzle won’t complete itself while you’re physically on hold.

I’m not trying to be a smart arse - I understand your issue of course - who in their right mind wants to sit on hold, particularly if the hold music is crap. (I don’t actually know what PCS’s music is like? Noisy I expect?)

But such a system would only make it better for you - while the situation would actually get worse for PCS. You’re the customer of course and why shouldn’t they keep you happy? But when your firefighting you don’t really need to ensure the water your using is at a comfortable temperature - you just need to put the fire out.

Cut them some slack for the times we’re in I say. If it’s still the same when all this worldwide stuff is over, then I’ll join you with a loudhailer and a nice cup of tea....
Very nicely put.
to add to the above, they only have so many members of staff (which they have increased), so whether they are phoning people back or on incoming calls, they can only handle so many calls a day

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Very nicely put.
to add to the above, they only have so many members of staff (which they have increased), so whether they are phoning people back or on incoming calls, they can only handle so many calls a day
And to add to your addition - I expect these call are not all just the easy fix, 2 minute call type you have with Tesco Clubcard CS. Some tech issues may take quite a while to resolve once a customer gets through - making the queue shrink even more slowly.....

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I also don't think the guys taking the calls are doing anything other than trying their very best for each of their customer interactions.

Some calls will be faster or longer than others, but lets say the average customer has 2-3 questions per call (how's stock on current spec / if I change current spec how quick to build/price / where will this now put me in the que / INSERT RANDOM Q's here....) each one will take approx 2-3 minutes to clarify.

1612266189638.png

When I called the other day I had three primary questions I wanted answering. Twice the person who serviced my call had to go away and find out the information I was after - this again takes time. All in all the call lasted about 10 minutes and my needs were pretty brief and to the point.

I'm sure PCS could employ more people to provide the additional support, but that doesn't come free and I'm not positive I want to pay any more for my stuff than I already am.