Noctua NH-U12A has been released !

keirow

The new Noctua NH-U12A cooler which claims to match the cooling capacity of their bigger 140mm coolers is now available on Amazon at £89.95 - I guess will be available at other sellers (PCS ?) soon.

The NH-U12A has a larger fin area than the NH-U12S and uses two of their new NF-A12x25 fans - pricey but good news for overclockers?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Good news for people who want very quiet systems with high performance CPUs in more compact cases, I think. Will be interesting to see reviews.

It may of course be 'cheating' by using 2 fans and coming in at a higher price point as a result. People could have bought extra fans for their NH-U14S. It's more expensive than an H100x, or a refurbished H115. I guess the case compatibility as well as presumably not having quite so much metal hanging off the mobo (?) is the selling point.

What I'm looking forward to is the 140mm version of their NF A12x25.

keirow

Noctua make some good coolers - I saw a demo of the 120mm NH-U12A pitted against the big old 140mm NH-D15 and they were pumping 210 or 220 watts into each and they were both holding the temperature to just over 48 degrees! as you say, it'll be interesting to see what they can do with the 140mm coolers and new 140mm fans...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Noctua make some good coolers - I saw a demo of the 120mm NH-U12A pitted against the big old 140mm NH-D15 and they were pumping 210 or 220 watts into each and they were both holding the temperature to just over 48 degrees! as you say, it'll be interesting to see what they can do with the 140mm coolers and new 140mm fans...

It will be interesting to see how air flow compares to the Corsair ML range which are also excellent. I have no doubt the new Noctua will beat them, but Corsair have come a long way with fan design also.

mishra

Rising Star
Wow pretty cool if NH-U12A can keep up with NH-D15. That is some truly amazing engineering!

One thing for sure is that Noctua coolers is a gift that just keep on giving and hands down is worth it's price.

My NH-D14 is still in use in my gaming rig, considering I bought it in 2010 that's like 9 years of continuous use! It is as good as when it was new and all I did was just annual de-dust. Fans are as quiet as they were in 2010. Noctua even send me a free bracket for my AM4 mobo! Now, if NH-U12A cooling is on par with NH-D15 then I'm speechless :)

Yes, I'm a fanboy, but it's hard not to be if their treat their customers in such an excellent way, while providing some exceptional cooling solutions.

keirow

@mishra - Nice to hear your NH-D14 is still going strong!

Here's a useful review of the Noctua NH-U12A : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcDeq4SQII

It pits the following coolers against each other on an overclocked 2700X running Blender :
Noctua NH-U12A, Noctua NH-D15, NZXT Kraken X52, NZXT Kraken X62, BeQuiet Dark Rock 4

It looks like the NH-U12A pretty much lives up to its claim, being 1.8 degrees behind the NH-D15 at full throttle, but matching it if the noise levels are equalised.

@PCS - Are you going to be stocking this cooler?