Noise of new system

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Would it be these ones?

If I'm following you do I need to move the two on the right to two of the three available on the left?

Thanks for all the help guys, very much appreciated!! The noise was driving me insane
Yip, that's the one.

It's difficult to guide you as I'm not sure which are connected to the actual fans. However, if you disconnect one and one of the fans switches off... move it across. Do this one at a time till you have the correct 2 under the H100i header.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
From a rough guess from what I can see, I'm thinking the Corsair cooler header is in the wrong fan header, needs to be moved one over to the left.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
From a rough guess from what I can see, I'm thinking the Corsair cooler header is in the wrong fan header, needs to be moved one over to the left.

The two connectors to the right of my finger in the picture, i think they can only fit where they are. This looks to be the power.

So the the three connectors to the other side of where my finger is (these are the three pin connectors looking at it) I need to move one of these? They're currently in fan 7, 8 and 9?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The two connectors to the right of my finger in the picture, i think they can only fit where they are. This looks to be the power.

So the the three connectors to the other side of where my finger is (these are the three pin connectors looking at it) I need to move one of these? They're currently in fan 7, 8 and 9?
Yeah, you're right, my bad, one is to the psu for power and one is to the motherboard CPU_Fan header.

Options here:

1/. Where does the fan from the H100i go to? If they're plugged directly into the motherboard fan headers which ones?

2/. Double check that that CPU_Fan header on that micro board does in fact go to either the CPU_Fan header or SYS_Fan header on the motherboard.

And do try @Scott method of detaching each fan from the micro board to make sure it leads where we're expecting (case fans)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
At this stage now, it does appear the micro board is configured correctly.

I'm not 100% sure how the H100i capellix is with it's fans, if they're still separate fan headers for each fan, but what it's sounding like more and more is that the H100i fan headers are perhaps incorrectly fitted to the CH_Fan headers.

For info, the fan headers on the board are as follows:

CPU_Fan - adaptive based on temps and speed controllable by motherboard software
SYS_Fan - adaptive and mimics the CPU_Fan speeds
CH_Fan1, 2, 3 etc. These are usually static and usually spin at one speed unless an included voltage micro board is part of the case as in this instance.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, you're right, my bad, one is to the psu for power and one is to the motherboard CPU_Fan header.

Options here:

1/. Where does the fan from the H100i go to? If they're plugged directly into the motherboard fan headers which ones?

2/. Double check that that CPU_Fan header on that micro board does in fact go to either the CPU_Fan header or SYS_Fan header on the motherboard.

And do try @Scott method of detaching each fan from the micro board to make sure it leads where we're expecting (case fans)

Sorry for my ignorance but where are the motherboard headers? Do I just need to move the three three pin connectors into the other three pin connectors one at a time and see if it slows down?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The 3 connected to the micro board. Remove them one at a time. If any are connected to the cooler, they need to be moved to the opposite side.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm just thinking about this a little more. I don't know if the configuration is different but all of my CPU control was actually done through the pump head thanks to a USB connection. Is that not the case now (throwing it out, not aimed at anyone in particular).

With mine the fans connected directly to the pump, with the pump connecting to both the CPU header and the USB connection.

Is it possible that the pump connection is plugged into the wrong micro-board connector and it'll just actually be one that needs to move?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With mine the fans connected directly to the pump, with the pump connecting to both the CPU header and the USB connection.
Ah, that's what I wasn't sure of and thought may be the case on the newer models.

Is yours the capellix?

Mine is the original H100i Platinum and has 2 individual fan headers coming from the fans which are independent of the wiring of the rest of the unit.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
They're all three pins and the other side is 4 pins does this matter?

You can try what was suggested by removing the fan headers to see what happens.... but I think it's just the case fans.

The best thing to do is find out where the fans are connected to and where the pump header is connected to.

I think the pump should go to CPU_OPT and it should also be plugged into a USB header.
The fans should then connect to the pump itself and be powered by a sata power connector.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
At this stage now, it does appear the micro board is configured correctly.

I'm not 100% sure how the H100i capellix is with it's fans, if they're still separate fan headers for each fan, but what it's sounding like more and more is that the H100i fan headers are perhaps incorrectly fitted to the CH_Fan headers.

For info, the fan headers on the board are as follows:

CPU_Fan - adaptive based on temps and speed controllable by motherboard software
SYS_Fan - adaptive and mimics the CPU_Fan speeds
CH_Fan1, 2, 3 etc. These are usually static and usually spin at one speed unless an included voltage micro board is part of the case as in this instance.

This is a a H115i if that changes things sorry?

I take it the CH fans are the ones on the left hand side. Three pins. Reading up on it it's the 4th pin which controls speed, PWM?

There three case fans that it came with by default, two in the front, one in the back. So it would make sense if these three three pin connectors are those fans. However I then have no idea where the coolers fans are connected....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ah, that's what I wasn't sure of and thought may be the case on the newer models.

Is yours the capellix?

Mine is the original H100i Platinum and has 2 individual fan headers coming from the fans which are independent of the wiring of the rest of the unit.

No, mine is the RGB Platinum..... but I think that's how they have worked for a while. I genuinely don't know.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This is a a H115i if that changes things sorry?

I take it the CH fans are the ones on the left hand side. Three pins. Reading up on it it's the 4th pin which controls speed, PWM?

There three case fans that it came with by default, two in the front, one in the back. So it would make sense if these three three pin connectors are those fans. However I then have no idea where the coolers fans are connected....

This is what you need to get a torch and trace ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Is yours the capellix?

Actually, I may well be completely confusing matters, I can't remember clearly what the fan setup was.

Ignore what I've been saying about the H100i, sorry, I think I'm not helping on that one.

@Scott I think is right on this.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
This is what you need to get a torch and trace ;)
So I can see the USB and follow that and it's connected from the pump (the thing above the CPU) and is connected into a USB 12 slot in the motherboard. It's unhelpfully ran around the back of the machine and up the other way, to keep it tidy I suppose.

But I can't see where it would connect the fans via CPU_Out, stupid question maybe but what does this look like on the motherboard?

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
1st and 2nd pic is the USB lead. 3rd and 4tg pic are the only other wires I can see coming off the cooler.

It's plugged in directly under the cooler, if I need to move that I imagein I'll need to unscrew the whole cooler. This also looks to be a three pin connector if that matters. Though looking at it I think the socket directly in front of where it's plugged in says CPU_Out, is there more than one on this motherboard?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1st and 2nd pic is the USB lead. 3rd and 4tg pic are the only other wires I can see coming off the cooler.

It's plugged in directly under the cooler, if I need to move that I imagein I'll need to unscrew the whole cooler. This also looks to be a three pin connector if that matters. Though looking at it I think the socket directly in front of where it's plugged in says CPU_Out, is there more than one on this motherboard?

The last thing I'd check would be the farthest right connector on the micro board, that routes back to a header on the motherboard which will be marked as one of the above.

It needs to be plugged into CPU_Fan preferably, but at a pinch SYS_Fan.

If it's plugged into CH_Fan, then that's the problem, it will be running all the case fans at full tilt.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The 2nd last picture you can see the connections coming off the pump. I'm almost positive that those will be connected to the fans on the cooler and the motherboard in the 2nd pic.

What you need to figure out is if the fans are connected to the pump fully and if the last pic that you are pointing to is the CPU header.

Again, it's going to start getting awkward so you may need to remove the radiator/fan assembly altogether to see where things are going. It's generally only 4 screws to remove it but it can seem daunting for a first timer. Have a look at it and see if you fancy it.