Noisy Fan

Harag

Gold Level Poster
I've sent tech support a report about a rear noisy fan I have in my case "CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE". It starts about 15 seconds after turning on, I know it's not the GPU as the fans for that don't start up until I'm gaming.

It's not the CPU / AOI Cooler or the front two fans as I've listened closely to all the fans to work out where it was coming from. I've investigated and got some video footage of the REAR fan. It's under a year old and everything else is going fine. I'm hoping they will send me a replacement (I can fit it myself).

Once I tap a couple of times on the back vent area where the fan is, it stops the noise and it starts spinning fully (you can tell it's having trouble spinning when it's making a noise it's like it's not balanced correctly.

I've made a video of the fan but don't know how / where to upload it to support, or what is the prefer means of transferring a large video file (it's like 100mb for 45 seconds - I'm not a video person and it's a new phone so not sure how to make it smaller).

Any advice on how to get the file to support as proof of the issue, I would have expected them to have a upload evidence section in support.

Thanks
Alan

steaky360

Have they asked you to supply a video? While I'm sure it will be appreciated, maybe you don't have too?

For sending the file, you can upload to Google Drive and send via that or upload to YouTube and do the same.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Have they asked you to supply a video? While I'm sure it will be appreciated, maybe you don't have too?

For sending the file, you can upload to Google Drive and send via that or upload to YouTube and do the same.

Thanks, no they've not asked for it, just like to provide evidence where possible. I work as a developer and it's one thing our software support guys never seem to get from our clients so we're taking longer on tickets by returning them and asking them to go back to clients for more info.

I'll use G.Drive then. I do have that, but don't really use it that much. I'll wait and see if they ask for it. :)

Again many thanks guys.