Nokia Lumia Deal! (£7.50/month)

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
I don't know if anybody would be interested, but I'd been looking at getting a new phone for ages, really wanted a windows phone but with only a limited budget I lacked faith in being able to find a cheap one. Previously I was paying £10/month on pay as you go just to top up. Anyway to the point, the Carphone Warehouse are offering the Nokia Lumia 710 for £7.50/month with the handset free. It's on Talkmobile which is owned by the Carphone Warehouse and is run off the vodaphone network (for those interested), 100 mins, 5000 texts and 250mb data. Link here http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/NOKIA-LUMIA-710/MONTHLY. It's a really nice phone and at that price point I don't think there is anything else you can get that really competes. Hope I help somebody :)

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
I think with the mango update Windows phones have improved a lot. I currently haven't had any problems with my phone. There's also going to be the windows 7.8 update when windows 8 is released which should address any remaining issues.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think a single core phone is a bit outdated as well you should be looking for at least a dual core, which is the main problem with W7, because it doesnt support multi core CPU and high res screens

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
I suppose that's true about the single cores, I definitely wouldn't get the new Lumia 610 with only an 800MHz processor. I haven't noticed any real slowdown due to that, it runs pretty fast as do the apps. That could change when windows 8 comes out with support for multi-core processors and some of the apps get more intense. I don't really have a problem with an 800x480 screen, coming from using a second gen ipod touch with 480x320, it's a pretty decent step up.