not really a problem just a question

Buzz

Master
If reseating it doesn't work please look on the device itself for the exact model number and let us know.

Buzz

Master
Thanks Rubensolo..

If what Ruben said above doesnt work, go into device manager.

Click Start, type mmc devmgmt.msc press return.
Go down to network adapters, right click yours and click uninstall. Restart the computer.
If on startup you are asked to find drivers auto for new hardware click no.

Download Driver_Utility (If cant open in Chrome use IE) and install. Restart

Go back into device manager
Click Start, type mmc devmgmt.msc press return.

Right click your network adapter, properties, advanced - Link speed and Duplex (if you have it)
Select Auto negotiation.

If any energy efficient settings are showing Disable them. Apply and restart comp. See if that helps.

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
1st test says 30ms-ping 18ms-jitter
2nd test says 53 - 46
3rd test says 62 - 79
4th test says 47 - 49

would the run command you said be the same for my model and would it help make the above better?

this is the best is can get, but it is always after i have installed the stuff and it seems to get worse the more times i do it;

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
What I said above is for your Exact model. The Download part.
The rest are just settings that Iv found worked for connection issues in the past.

Drivers first...Config next. This is a start. If it works great if not we see then. :)

D1craig

Enthusiast
for some reason the download is only going at 20kbs so while i wait ill ask this, there are 2 lights on the adapter at the back i have only seen the "txrx" light on, the link light has not been on when i have looked at them. is that the way they are meant to be?

Buzz

Master
Once the Tx/Rx LED is flashing your ok.

On
Wireless WPS function is activated. The network card will wait for 2 minutes to establish WPS connection.
Blinking
Wireless network card is normally installed /Linked to a wireless access point /
Transferring or receiving data.
Off
No wireless activity

for some reason the download is only going at 20kbs
Same for me. Must be on their side.

Here is the manual. It shows what ya gotta do after installation to set up the link. From page 12 onwards.
EW-7612PIn_V2_manual.zip

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
right i have done everything you have mentioned. although non of the options you mentioned where there for me. checking it now.

done 3 pingtest now and they seem pretty consistent at 32 - 15. not great but it is playable i think.

thanx for the help everyone. if i continue to get problems i will be sure to let you know.

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Here is the manual. It shows what ya gotta do after installation to set up the link. From page 12 onwards.
EW-7612PIn_V2_manual.zip
Link in previous post.

Just in case u missed that edit. You might see something you hadn't seen or done yet.

D1craig

Enthusiast
nah all the stuff in that manual has been done.

i am still having the problems waaaah.

is there a way to record my ping rather than using a website to check it over a 10second window?

EDIT - i am wondering if this may just be my games connection.... the 5bars i have on my task bar do not change at all even when the game says i am getting 500k ms. hmm

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
thank you very much for the help. it made a great difference at first but my problems have resumed.

i am thinking it is the game not my connection because i have had 5 bars all the time that the problems have happened in the game. and my ping is consistently below 40ms.

this is the test with the 6 year old usb network adaptor i have just installed

this is the test with my wireless network card

lol really a 54Mbps thing that is 6 years old and been bashed and thrown around beats a brand new wireless network card that has 300Mbps capabilities?

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
I thought I would make an update on this WLAN card. The wireless router has recently been upgraded in the house I had this computer. The one we where using when I had the problem/created the thread was very old, one of the first linksys wireless routers I think.

Now it's been upgraded to the latest virgin media router I have been getting at least 3 times the speeds I had complained about. No drop outs or anything since the upgrade.

So my conclusion is the card is fine and I didn't have a problem with it.... It was the very old wireless router I had.

Sorry for bumping a very old thread I just thought I would clear up the bad rep I was giving the WLAN card.

Last edited:

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
2331585811.png

this is what i get thought my wifi card