Not so new new member

Aza

Rising Star
Well... Hello...
So, I did say I wasnt going to hang around and turn into a forum lurker again, but the bank holiday and changing careers has left me with more time than I had intended...and I forgot how addictive it can be respeccing machines (whilst dreaming of that ultimate machine that you'll never ever use to its full potential but love the high spec component labels...)

It may not last, but for now you'll just have to grin and bear it but thats life for you I guess :)

I used to be on here before quite a while back and have been a PCS customer for something like 10 years now, It is a new profile (dont even know if the old one exists anymore but login details are long dead and buried between various reinstalls and such), and most of my "knowledge" is from sites like this (mostly this site and people like Spyder/Scott and some of the "Valued Contributor" regulars.... so sorry if it sounds like I keep regurgitating stuff youve already said!) I do go through the odd review and sites like TomsHardware, but i'm more of an end user rather than having knowledge of all the bits that get you there to begin with.

Bit of a night owl as well, and will tend to leave things open and running on my PC while I do other stuff or sit and watch movies and so on. I use my computer for pretty much everything, from music/watching films/tv, gaming (WoW, Baldurs Gate 3, Starcraft 2, DeathStranding, Witcher, StarWars:Fallen Order, Torchlight 3, Diablo 3, Hearthstone... so mainly RPG/Story bit of strategy and the odd mindless hack and slash or card game) and also have a bit of hobby level video editing going on. Stitching the odd walking/skitrip/pet videos clips together on stuff like Premiere Pro (licence courtesy of the other half so I dont have to pay the bill :p ). There was that one film where I caught about 10 sparrows lined up on a fence looking a like they were being briefed by a squirrel, one of the neighbourhood cats disappeared shortly afterwards and i've kept it just in case its evidence...

System is a AMD 3800XT/2070 Super/16GB 3600 RAM with other stuff...

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
Well, the good news is I got the job i've been chasing, and looks like all the pre-emplyment checks are now sorted so its back to work I go :(
Nearly two months for DBS, references, Medicals and sign offs.... insane... still think they dragged their heels half the time but got the unconditional offer through at last.

So no more hanging around forums and playing computer games all day..... It was fun while it lasted.
See you around as of monday...

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
Is that you like I got the job, or you like that I wont be around so much :unsure:
I can never tell. :p

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, the good news is I got the job i've been chasing, and looks like all the pre-emplyment checks are now sorted so its back to work I go :(
Nearly two months for DBS, references, Medicals and sign offs.... insane... still think they dragged their heels half the time but got the unconditional offer through at last.

So no more hanging around forums and playing computer games all day..... It was fun while it lasted.
See you around as of monday...
Congrats 👍

Aza

Rising Star
Congrats 👍
Thank you.

Its going to be very weird, moving from an Industry ive spent nearly 20 years in and know inside out, to something where I know no-one or nothing other than how to pick up a phone and turn a computer on...

Ive wanted to go into it for a long time, and its still only a junior role but i'll get to do actual qualifications fo rit and progress. Figured if I didnt do it now I never would.