Note about Memory Configurations with Zen3 - 4 RAM sticks seemingly better than 2

snappyhappy2015

I am not too bothered about games though I do play them on occasion mainly FPS games. I do a fair amount of high bitrate 4K video editing { with and eye on higher res gear in the future] and a lot of photo editing. I assume , that more ram say 64GB of 3200mhz will outperform 32GB of 3600mhz for my usage scenario. I have opted for a Ryzen 9 5950X , 6800xt , 64GB 3200hz, with 2 500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am not too bothered about games though I do play them on occasion mainly FPS games. I do a fair amount of high bitrate 4K video editing { with and eye on higher res gear in the future] and a lot of photo editing. I assume , that more ram say 64GB of 3200mhz will outperform 32GB of 3600mhz for my usage scenario. I have opted for a Ryzen 9 5950X , 6800xt , 64GB 3200hz, with 2 500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4
I would recommend getting some advice on your build.

snappyhappy2015

What would you suggest ? I am coming from a { PCspecalist } i7 6700, 32GB ram, 1070gtx, two Samsung m.2 drives system. So it will be quite a jump whatever I do. Looking at Puget systems/passmark benchmarks the 5950x is as good as it gets for a mainstream desktop CPU. I play enough games to justify { to myself :)} the 6800xt while the Nvidia cards do have some encoding advantages going forward I think the 16gb of VRAM will come into play more. I am not bothered about ray tracing. The 2 x 520's are overkill but within my budget.Video editing { Premiere, After effects etc} can use a fair chunk of video.I have several TB of NAS storage already.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What would you suggest ? I am coming from a { PCspecalist } i7 6700, 32GB ram, 1070gtx, two Samsung m.2 drives system. So it will be quite a jump whatever I do. Looking at Puget systems/passmark benchmarks the 5950x is as good as it gets for a mainstream desktop CPU. I play enough games to justify { to myself :)} the 6800xt while the Nvidia cards do have some encoding advantages going forward I think the 16gb of VRAM will come into play more. I am not bothered about ray tracing. The 2 x 520's are overkill but within my budget.Video editing { Premiere, After effects etc} can use a fair chunk of video.I have several TB of NAS storage already.
You'll need to create your own thread in the check this spec section.

snappyhappy2015

I am ok with my other choices , I was only interested in the memory question I have watched both the GN and HU videos and they seem some what contradictory . So my question is related directly to this topic. Will 4x16gb 3200hz be better or worse than 4x8gb 3600hz as PCS do not have a 64gb 3600hz option for mainly production and a dash of gaming. Apologies to the OP if I drifted too far off base

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am ok with my other choices , I was only interested in the memory question I have watched both the GN and HU videos and they seem some what contradictory . So my question is related directly to this topic. Will 4x16gb 3200hz be better or worse than 4x8gb 3600hz as PCS do not have a 64gb 3600hz option for mainly production and a dash of gaming. Apologies to the OP if I drifted too far off base
I would still strongly recommend getting advice... are you sure the VRM's are sufficient for the CPU? Are you sure the case is enough? CPU cooler?