Nova vs Vyper

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
Yeah its amazing bought a few games earlier currently playing man of medan cpu temp is 77 and gpu is 73 so if they are good i wont be messing about lol

impressive temps! That is pretty good out the box with no tweaks. How is the fan noise at those temps

The Vyper 15" is a TongFang GM5MP0Y

The Proteus 15" is a Quanta NLCB

Thanks for all the replies, I will sleep on it but the Nova looking very tempting :)

1 final thing, is there a reason I can’t select Artic MX4 with the Nova? And only standard paste

impressive temps! That is pretty good out the box with no tweaks. How is the fan noise at those temps

Thanks for all the replies, I will sleep on it but the Nova looking very tempting :)

1 final thing, is there a reason I can’t select Artic MX4 with the Nova? And only standard paste
Thats its only downside it is pretty noisy but i only use studio headphones so doesn't bother me but it might bother other peeps. Good luck with your decision what ever you decide im sure you will love 😊

Attachments

• Snapchat-51540458.jpg
    Snapchat-51540458.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 194

Eexez

Hello

I have two questions,

- Is this a normal or refresh version for the NVIDIA 2070?
- What is the difference with the Nova and xmg apex 15 ?

Thx

Eexez

Same chassis but the Apex 15 cost 270€ more (AMD 3600, NVIDIA 2070, 16 ram). How is it possible ?

Is there an improvement or something? Is the bios the same for both assemblers?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Same chassis but the Apex 15 cost 270€ more (AMD 3600, NVIDIA 2070, 16 ram). How is it possible ?

Is there an improvement or something? Is the bios the same for both assemblers?
Yes, it’s exactly the same chassis as said, that’s made by clevo, and then resellers build and sell it. The chassis is the same wherever it’s sold but different resellers will supply different RAM, SSD’s etc.

Just a follow up, Ordered my Nova earlier today :)
Nice one i hope you love it. Incase you are interested the temps have dropped even more on mine. Spent 2 hours on man of medan and most of the time cpu has been 73 and gpu 71. Although the photo shows 75 most of the game has been about 73 😊

Attachments

• Snapchat-1641489746.jpg
    Snapchat-1641489746.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 182

Eexez

Just a follow up, Ordered my Nova earlier today :)
Nice !

Is it possible to install 2x8 3200 MHz ram ?

Email support
Sure I have checked with the relevant team and they confirmed that it’s the newest version of RTX 2070 for the Nova laptop.

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
I am not sure. Official specifications for the Nova on the PCS website state only up to 2666 MHz ram. However I am not sure if the board would support faster RAM if you installed it yourself. Would need to check with one of the experts on these boards or someone who has tried it themselves

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
Nice !

Email support
Sure I have checked with the relevant team and they confirmed that it’s the newest version of RTX 2070 for the Nova laptop.
The manual states that they are indeed supported. Also another reseller have announced that it is supported but I am not sure said reseller sells precisely the same model as PCS do( All specs are identical but there are a few clevo models that bare these specs) . Also from what I understand not all 3200Mhz will work. i am not sure what the exact specifications are.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I am not sure. Official specifications for the Nova on the PCS website state only up to 2666 MHz ram. However I am not sure if the board would support faster RAM if you installed it yourself. Would need to check with one of the experts on these boards or someone who has tried it themselves
Only PCS can confirm. If they say it's supported then you'll have no warranty issues, but if you don't ask or they say no then there may be warranty issues.

It's not wise to assume, always ask.

Eexez

PCS support

I am very sorry but since we have tested the 3200Mhz RAM we won’t be able to confirm that just yet, however you can try it to see if it will be stable.