Nova Wifi Issue

Hi,

Recieved new Nova laptop on Friday, and very pleased with it, apart from an issue with the Wifi, which I can't seem to fix. The Wifi somewhere between slow and dial up levels of slow 80% of the time. It also comes to a complete stop from time to time. Speeds are good via ethernet and all other Wifi devices working as normal and at good speed. Wifi hub is Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

I have checked the connections to the physical wifi card in the laptop and they all seem correct. I updated the drivers. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi card, but nothing has worked.

I've sent an email to PCS about its, but I know theres a wealth of knowledgable folk on here, so thought I'd get some ideas.

Thanks,

Chassis & Display
Nova Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core CPU (3.1GHz-4.3GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0

Bastet

Silver Level Poster
What speed tire are you on? 100, 200, 350 or 1Gb.
Have you restarted the Hub?
How far away from the Hub are you?
Are you using the 2.5Ghz or 5Ghz network? If unsure you can rename the 5G network under the router’s settings (just add 5Ghz to the SSID) then on the PC add the change - 5Ghz - & check the speed.

Hub is downstairs directly below. There are 2 other wifi devices in this room that work perfectly
I've now split the networks into two and restarted, it seems to be working ok atm. Connected to 5 GHz. I'll update tomorrow if it goes back to not working.
Thanks for help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hub is downstairs directly below. There are 2 other wifi devices in this room that work perfectly
I've now split the networks into two and restarted, it seems to be working ok atm. Connected to 5 GHz. I'll update tomorrow if it goes back to not working.
Thanks for help
This has cropped up before, turned out one the antenna on the wifi card wasn't properly connected, may be worth checking.

You're entirely allowed to open up the chassis and do any modifications so long as you don't damage anything in the process, and it won't affect your warranty.

The wifi card is quite small and has 2 cables on "poppers" like you find on clothes. Just make sure they're both attached properly. If there's any tape holding them down, remove it as it shouldn't be there, and just check they're properly connected:

5db7f833cb5235051e34b475-large.jpg

FerrariVie

Super Star
I have exactly the same laptop and wifi router and I have no problem with it. However, I noticed that if you're using the HDMI port to an external screen, the wifi signal drops a bit, but I'm quite close to the router and don't have speed or dropout issues. So keep an eye on it.