Nova Year - New Build

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Hi man,

Thanks for this review. I've been thinking about ordering almost the exact same spec. How are you finding it after having played on it for a few days? How are the thermals and display holding up?

One question I had about the chassis/components - is the processor upgradeable given that its a desktop variant? Obviously an RTX2070 at the price point is almost unbelievable for a GPU but I have slight reservations about a 3600 when there are newer intel and AMD processors on laptops with similar specs (albeit a 2060 instead of 2070).

Cheers!

It's been alright so far, now I'm reaching temperatures of 90 to 92º but never enough to throttle or anything.
The GPU & CPU can be upgradable in the future and from my stress tests in gaming its more than enough, most times I'm only using 4 or 5 cores.

j.conquer

It's been alright so far, now I'm reaching temperatures of 90 to 92º but never enough to throttle or anything.
The GPU & CPU can be upgradable in the future and from my stress tests in gaming its more than enough, most times I'm only using 4 or 5 cores.

I just checked the clevo website and it does indeed seem that the CPU can be upgraded which is great - can add the 3900 at a later date perhaps. I didn't see anything about the GPU but that's less of a concern anyway as its fairly future proof for a good few years and its not going to be the bottleneck in the system anyway.

Great i'll put in an order and hope they get the 2070s back in stock earlier than expected.

Thanks again.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Could you tell me if the display lid is made of metal ?

Thank you :)

Hey mate,

Sorry for the late reply, it is made of plastic but it's very sturdy and feels premium.

Argh, few things happened since I last purchased, but the highlight is definetly moving closer to work,
Now I'm on a mission to assemble a new desk setup in this house.

That screen is a current place holder, buying a 144hz screen is both a gift and a curse, had this curved screen from Samsung but my eyes can't stand 60 hz now, waiting for my AOC that will arrive on Saturday.

Igot that table for free as they were going to throw it away, slapped a black self adhesive which is bringing a really nice look but my dum ass can't measure so I didn't purchase enough for the whole table, need to wait for a new one again. :LOL:🤣

I can't stress enough how much of a beast this laptop is, trully love the gaming experience.

Last edited:

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
20200614_162407.jpg

Desk is pretty much finished, now just need to work on that wall.

Last edited:

Lhudson

I see you're using the laptop with the lid closed, how are you powering the thing on? Does the bios have "wake on usb"? Did you find a decent dock that works with it?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I see you're using the laptop with the lid closed, how are you powering the thing on? Does the bios have "wake on usb"? Did you find a decent dock that works with it?

I'm not sure how that would be problematic?
Open lid, press power, close lid?

Lhudson

I'm not sure how that would be problematic?
Open lid, press power, close lid?
Not really problematic just more convenient if you just need to hit a key on the keyboard. I was planning on having the laptop on a shelf away from the monitor and keyboard to keep the noise down. I was just wondering if the bios supported wake on usb

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Can I just say, the electronic stuff is okay....but the highlight of that set-up has to be the Deadpool XB1 controller holder...makes me want to get one :giggle: That and what appears to be a mini wastepaper basket that seems to have been set on fire :ROFLMAO:

This deadpool was definetly a must get, I also got a version the size of the wireless charger to place on top of the laptop sitting down but I'm still waiting, 5 day shipment. This one I got is a bit too sassy but still very deadpool like.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 20.02.16 (1).jpeg

Hahah, the "basket that seems to have been set on fire" is an Himalayan lamp xD

They say it helps clearout the particles in the air and make it more breathable but I smoke so I don't think it makes a different, although have to say that it helped set the cozy mood that I was looking to achieve. Best part about most of the gear that I have on my desk is the following...

Ordered from Amazon, Amazon left my parcel unattented in-front of my house, I claimed that it wasn't received, since they need a POD due to COVID it was valid and I got the money back the next day, now with the same money I'm buying some bean bags and pillows to adjust the middle part of the room to play games on my tv.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 20.02.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 20.02.16.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This deadpool was definetly a must get, I also got a versionthe size of the wireless charger to place on top of the laptop sitting down. This one is a bit sassy.

View attachment 16791
OMG, that's just amazing!!! Could be seen a couple of different ways, a guy carrying a heavy load or.... :ROFLMAO:

I just gotta get one of these, thanks for the link!

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Untitled.png

So 4 months later this is the standard temperatures I get playing any game.

Don't really know what to do at this point as nothing can seem to bring it down.

Any tips ?