Number of USB ports on new build quote.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
PSUs are typically most efficient at around 50% load I believe. Although unless a PSU is at very low or very high % loads that's kind of splitting hairs. But it's another bonus of the RM850x for a system of this order, where power consumption under load is going to sit somewhere in the middle.

I wouldn't give this any thought tbh. Other than at the absolute lowest loads, it's all pretty efficient, and at the lowest loads the power draw is so small that efficiency barely matters anyway.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The bottom line is that other than multiGPU setups and/or certain cases that have poor airflow, in general the stock cooling arrangements of a case are at least adequate, sometimes very good.

@Oussebon : thank you again for all the effort you have put into erasing my ignorance, so kind of you and I'm really grateful. I think you've assuaged all my doubts about my spec. although I have made a few minor changes especially to the HDD/SSD configurations which now takes my budget up to £3634 [including £189 for Chair]. I rechecked the mobo specs [for all of them] and the useful [Type A] USB ports at the back and front still seemed to be a total of six with all the others being available "internally" which somehow seems a waste and I know this is where I started off on this thread so I will have to start now at the beggining of this thread to remind myself of the answers to my original query LoL. Thank you again for your guidance and assistance but I don't think I need a further reply, I just need to refresh my memory of what was said at the begining.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I rechecked the mobo specs [for all of them] and the useful [Type A] USB ports at the back and front still seemed to be a total of six with all the others being available "internally

How?

Rakk and I both said how many USB ports in the first 2 replies.

Nevermind the specs. Just looking at pictures of the products makes it clear (and the spec details published on the Asus and be quiet! websites do align with this too)

3 "normal" USB ports (all USB 3.0 or 3.1 Gen 2)

7 "normal" USB ports. 2 of which are USB 2.0, 5 of which are USB 3.0/3.1

I don't mean this in a negative way, I mean it sincerely - I think you might be tying yourself in knots a little and overthinking a few things.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster

index.php

Pictures posted separately due to forums being annoying...

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also note you can get C to A adapters for a few quid e.g.