NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah ah ah!!! They're on pre order, eveyone get your build in!!!

Jumped the gun, they're listed but not currently selectable:

1598984708470.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My guess is the 20GB of RAM is in relation to potentially dipping the toe into 8k. There's also the "do it all" approach for Octane Rendering etc that would come into play.
I think you’re absolutely right. Must admit I hadn’t even considered 8k 60hz as reachable for a while to come!

And does this mean we may start seeing 4k ultrawides hitting the market?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think you’re absolutely right. Must admit I hadn’t even considered 8k 60hz as reachable for a while to come!

And does this mean we may start seeing 4k ultrawides hitting the market?

I would think it's the next logical leap. With Samsung managing 240hz HDR with 1440p, I can't see 120hz at 2160p being too much of a stretch.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just been playing with some quotes and the build increased by the following from "No Graphics Card"

2060 = £299
2060 Super = £387
2070 Super = £510
2080 Super = £804
2080 Ti = £1086

3070 = £567
3080 = £792
3090 = £1610

£50 quid for the 3070 upgrade, saving money on the 3080. That's quite something haha.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would think it's the next logical leap. With Samsung managing 240hz HDR with 1440p, I can't see 120hz at 2160p being too much of a stretch.
My god!!!! I can safely say this changes everything for me!

I need the G9 and nothing else along with a 3080 and Ryzen 5900x

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just checking out the chips on the configurator there. Showing 17th of Sept for stock which seems right. Prices look OK to me and it looks like the 2080Tis are potentially sold out. They are definitely greyed out. I wonder if they have been expecting a sudden switch of GPU from prospective builds.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you think it'll hit 5Ghz? It'll be the chip for me if it does :D
The expectation is that it will, with combined huge IPC leap over zen 2.

But there’s almost zero actual leaks of AMDs stuff, they’re managing to keep the lid on it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
My god!!!! I can safely say this changes everything for me!

I need the G9 and nothing else along with a 3080 and Ryzen 5900x

I demand pics of that setup when you get it, that's some serious eye candy!

So I reckon the 3070 will be the card for me, given that my AOC ultrawide is 1440p 100Hz. Any thoughts?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I demand pics of that setup when you get it, that's some serious eye candy!

So I reckon the 3070 will be the card for me, given that my AOC ultrawide is 1440p 100Hz. Any thoughts?
3070 would be ample and leaves you headroom for DLSS upscaling and full Ray tracing. Would be epic!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
3070 would be ample and leaves you headroom for DLSS upscaling and full Ray tracing. Would be epic!

Excellent. I'll have to take some measurements and see how it fits in my smaller case. Or wait for a mini version.

Although after reading all this news, I'm not sure how good at waiting I'm going to be 😬

Dan79

Bronze Level Poster
What are people’s thoughts on availability? At these price points I can see limited stock vanishing fast, or have the manufacturer’s ramped up and I missed something.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What are people’s thoughts on availability? At these price points I can see limited stock vanishing fast, or have the manufacturer’s ramped up and I missed something.
From what I've heard, TSMC are the ones making the GPU chips, and there's an awful lot of allocation going round to nVidia, AMD, Apple and now Intel as well.

Intel have offloaded some of their CPU demands to them, but nothing pressing and they're the last in the queue apparently.
nVidia and AMD obviously both with high demand GPU's
Apple with upcoming Apple Silicon notebooks and possibly even some desktops.

So it's going to be pretty hard work on TSMC.

That's aside from any lingering shipping issues related to covid.

I guess stocks are going to be in dribs and drabs for 6 months or so.

Edit: Already wrong on that, nvidia are on Samsung 8nm rather than TSMC 7nm.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

A lad on another thread has just paid money to upgrade and apparently the order has gone through with expected stock on the 17th. I expect they'll be snapped up on this site RAPIDLY. Once the initial hype-buying phase is over it should settle down to normality, I'd hope.