NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I ordered on launch day and upped my order to the strix on the 23rd. Have since reverted that back and was told my place is about 140 in the queue. So fingers crossed over the next couple weeks!

D

Deleted member 103489

That's what i did to @zweenzta just not worth waiting for rog strix
tbh, and besides once this whole 3000s craze calms down for next
year, then maybe if i really want the rog strix i can get this card then.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Exactly. Having spoken to some people on here too (i'm no pro but get the basics) the ROG wouldn't really benefit me much. In fact the main reason I switched was when we heard about the crashes and the card build design was blamed - but not for the strix.

Since then a driver has come out etc and all has calmed.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I thought PCS wasn't supplying the build queue? I ordered a 3080 on the 17th at around 6pm and I haven't had any updates yet as a FYI.
You're prob just behind me then. I was told the picking is only done when your queue position comes up, and any amendments before that only matter when the picking time comes. So changing from 3080 > ROG > 3080 didnt matter for me. Position remained the same. He said (on the phone yesterday) that I was about 140 in the queue and then paused when he saw I was waiting on the 3080 and said he couldn't give me a timeframe obviously, but on a normal day my position would be next day build.

Not the worst result, just waiting on stock now really.

D

Deleted member 103489

For anyone who have ordered rog card let's hope you don't have to wait much longer,
just depends when ASUS confirms.

Their queues for the none strix could go down very quick depending on their weekly or so stock that arrives in
However, this is just pure guess and may be the complete opposite.

This is why pcs can't predict time frame for who can get these cards.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Nope, changed this for the normal 3090 card.. they told me their was no confirmed date for the rog strix 3090.

I would have liked this card but theirs always next year :)
Nice. I changed to standard 3080 too from ROG, got an auto email today saying possible build tomorrow! First time the auto email hasn't pushed back another 5 days. Taking it with a pinch of salt but........*rubs hands together*

D

Deleted member 103489

Nice. I changed to standard 3080 too from ROG, got an auto email today saying possible build tomorrow! First time the auto email hasn't pushed back another 5 days. Taking it with a pinch of salt but........*rubs hands together*
At the end of the day though they all kind of perform the same really, with the rog propbably that bit better for OC.

good luck, hopefully you get your computer for next week.

I ordered a 3080 on the 17th and I got an automated email this morning saying another 5 days. If you get a build confirmation before me, I will be upset.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I ordered a 3080 on the 17th and I got an automated email this morning saying another 5 days. If you get a build confirmation before me, I will be upset.
I ordered on the 17th too at 14:01

I changed to the ROG on the 23rd and then back to the standard a couple days ago (advised by PCS staff).
My position didnt change in the queue they said.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered on the 17th too at 14:01

I changed to the ROG on the 23rd and then back to the standard a couple days ago (advised by PCS staff).
My position didnt change in the queue they said.
17th at 17:30
Switched to strix because after a month i dont care waiting 2 or 3 more weeks 😂
It comes when it comes, but if something spoils me cyberpunk i ll get very angry, not gonna lie 😅

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
17th at 17:30
Switched to strix because after a month i dont care waiting 2 or 3 more weeks 😂
It comes when it comes, but if something spoils me cyberpunk i ll get very angry, not gonna lie 😅
Cyberpunk, Watchdogs and AC for me! Can't wait. Working from home in IT means I can use my work machine for work and personal PC for gaming on the side. I pumped 120 hours into AC Odyssey between March - May with lockdown. I haven't done that since Fallout 3!

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Cyberpunk, Watchdogs and AC for me! Can't wait. Working from home in IT means I can use my work machine for work and personal PC for gaming on the side. I pumped 120 hours into AC Odyssey between March - May with lockdown. I haven't done that since Fallout 3!
I ll be off the grid as soon as those games are released if i dont have the pc 😂

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered on the 17th at 14.47. Still waiting and hoping. Been over a month now. - Edit i thought today was the 18th oops.
Not sure i will bank on getting anything at launch ever agin, first and last time. Just hope it arrive soon, November has some killer games coming, and i have loads of holiday left over from working through covid.
Im working from home as well, so my set up is all ready now. I have my monitors my periphials. Even a special wooden unit box thing to have my pc elevated next to my desk.
Just one thing missing.
Cant wait to stop gaming on my laptop at 60 fps. I have got really good at WoW tho. Even a potato can run that game.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered on the 17th at 14.47. Still waiting and hoping. Been over a month now. - Edit i thought today was the 18th oops.
Not sure i will bank on getting anything at launch ever agin, first and last time. Just hope it arrive soon, November has some killer games coming, and i have loads of holiday left over from working through covid.
Im working from home as well, so my set up is all ready now. I have my monitors my periphials. Even a special wooden unit box thing to have my pc elevated next to my desk.
Just one thing missing.
Cant wait to stop gaming on my laptop at 60 fps. I have got really good at WoW tho. Even a potato can run that game.
Exactly the same, monitor mounted, new desk, keyboard.... just beed the pc now...
And @zweenzta, from ireland as well but nothing yet.