NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The graphs show that a power limit of 300w (per card) doesn't actually have too much impact. However, you would need to have one helluva PSU to handle that without worry. 1200W just from the GPU and drawing over those connections would definitely require 2 PSUs.
In the original Fallout game, there's a series of computer terminals that explain some of the background lore to the Fallout universe and I remember reading a terminal entry suggesting that in-universe computer pioneers thought that each individual computer might need its own nuclear power plant in order to have enough power to run. I guess we've just found a real world example of this... 🤔

Selfish question; has anyone ordered a 3080 card on its own or a new PC build that includes a 3080 on the 17th received their order? I ordered late on the 17th and not had any updates. I know its not logical to try and work out my queue. I am just trying to get excited and wondering about the new Navi news if the queue time will overlap.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Selfish question; has anyone ordered a 3080 card on its own or a new PC build that includes a 3080 on the 17th received their order? I ordered late on the 17th and not had any updates. I know its not logical to try and work out my queue. I am just trying to get excited and wondering about the new Navi news if the queue time will overlap.
ordered on 17th as well around 17h20
same, still waiting for the rog strix. From chat advisor on friday, i was in 20th position in the queue.

ordered on 17th as well around 17h20
same, still waiting for the rog strix. From chat advisor on friday, i was in 20th position in the queue.
Thanks we ordered around the same time but I went with founders card. I tried to find out my position in the queue but they wouldn't / couldn't tell me that information. What's your avatar btw?

steaky360

Thanks we ordered around the same time but I went with founders card. I tried to find out my position in the queue but they wouldn't / couldn't tell me that information. What's your avatar btw?
How did you 'opt' for a Founders card?? PCS won't supply a FE card to my knowledge. If you've went for the "non-specific 3080" you'll probably get a Zotac or a Palit card.

Unless you ordered the FE elsewhere?

How did you 'opt' for a Founders card?? PCS won't supply a FE card to my knowledge. If you've went for the "non-specific 3080" you'll probably get a Zotac or a Palit card.

Unless you ordered the FE elsewhere?

Sorry this is my fault. I think I am assuming that people used the word "founders" for Nvidia standard cards but actually it sounds like I got this wrong. My order just states "10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080" so you are probably right. Just so I wont get it wrong in the future, what does founders actually mean, is it a specific type of card?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Sorry this is my fault. I think I am assuming that people used the word "founders" for Nvidia standard cards but actually it sounds like I got this wrong. My order just states "10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080" so you are probably right. Just so I wont get it wrong in the future, what does founders actually mean, is it a specific type of card?
Founders Edition cards are the ones made by the main company behind the card series, in the 3080's case, it'd be Nvidia. Most of the 3080s out there are made by other companies (MSI, Asus, etc) and so aren't considered Founders Editions.

Founders Edition cards are the ones made by the main company behind the card series, in the 3080's case, it'd be Nvidia. Most of the 3080s out there are made by other companies (MSI, Asus, etc) and so aren't considered Founders Editions.

Ok so I did understand it correctly; I assumed the 3080 I would get would be a Nvidia card but it sounds like you did your research more than me and I will get a Zotac or Palit. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 41971

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That looks the part. I'm hoping we will see AIO cards being released too. I fancy one of them this time.

So just to let people know, I ordered a new machine with a 3080 on the 17th at around 18:00. It's now gone into building. I spoke on chat and they got some more stock so I hope others will also have their cards / machines soon.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
So just to let people know, I ordered a new machine with a 3080 on the 17th at around 18:00. It's now gone into building. I spoke on chat and they got some more stock so I hope others will also have their cards / machines soon.
so keeping the regular 3080 was actually a good deal
I upgraded to a strix, ordered a few minutes before you and still waiting

scarpa1

Enthusiast
this is cool

So could I be getting this in my build? as I've gone down the custom water cooling route and the Strix 3080. Said the EK blocks were available mid November in the configurator, though this appeared after I had placed the order.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
God if they are just getting builds done from the 17th now. My order on the 29th is probably coming 2022 then 😢😥

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
God if they are just getting builds done from the 17th now. My order on the 29th is probably coming 2022 then 😢😥
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. Release day saw a HUGE spike in 3080 orders, and as orders from around 6pm are now in building, a large chunk of the orders from that day are probably done or nearly done. Hopefully the following days' orders will be quicker, as there will be fewer of them, and hopefully Nvidia are starting to get a handle on stock levels. 🤞

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. Release day saw a HUGE spike in 3080 orders, and as orders from around 6pm are now in building, a large chunk of the orders from that day are probably done or nearly done. Hopefully the following days' orders will be quicker, as there will be fewer of them, and hopefully Nvidia are starting to get a handle on stock levels. 🤞
I think you may be right, I have seen people posting in the other RTX 3080 thread that they got their orders from around 14:40 and 17:30 just within a few days, so there must be much fewer orders than there was from 14:00 to 14:30. Hopefully mine from 22:42 is due soon too.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
I do hope so. Just 12 days difference between what you are all quoting really happens. I still want to upgrade my cpu to a 5000 series tho. Would be nice to have some kind of transparency from PCS about this. Just a little would be calming lol.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I do hope so. Just 12 days difference between what you are all quoting really happens. I still want to upgrade my cpu to a 5000 series tho. Would be nice to have some kind of transparency from PCS about this. Just a little would be calming lol.
To be fair to PCS, what kind of transparency can they give you without setting unrealistic expectations? This rollout of GPUs has been the most anticipated and craved for I’ve ever seen. It’s all about supply and demand. And unfortunately the demand outweighs the supply.

‘We’ve got a delivery scheduled but due to the thousands of orders in the system and the fact that Nvidia have seriously fluffed the 3000 launch it’s insanely difficult to predict your order situation’ (is what they can’t say to you).

ANY kind of update saying that your build is due on a particular date is moot for the above reason. The fact that they’ve told people to ignore the automated five day emails says to me that they’re being as transparent as they can be. Until some supplier gives them a good amount of warning of a guaranteed large delivery, they’ve no ability to start shouting definitive build dates at you.

We can also add to this that 850w PSUs and top end coolers took a huge spike in orders all at the same time because of the specs of the 3000 series and what their requirements were. And then AMD released their next gen CPUs.

More people are working from home than ever, from the look of the ‘check this spec’ page on the forum the need for systems is strong. It’s not just us gamers that are needing to order a PC.

I understand that the waiting is painful, I ordered my system during lockdown 1.0 and it was a torturous time checking to see if my order had advanced. It’ll be worth the wait 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you want to get an idea of what stock levels are like generally, use a site like this which tells you what's available around the usual sellers:

Having worked in support for sometime, when a company is saying they can't give you an expected time frame, it's because they literally have nothing to give and usually waiting on a 3rd party.