NVIDIA Inspector

kruppsy

Master
Apologies if this have been covered but has anyone used this?

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

Its basically an NVIDIA only 'MSI Afterburner' type program offering GPU information and monitoring as well as boost/overclocks to the GPU.

I only looked it up because as I was scanning through the notebookcheck benchmarks for the 660m, quite a few of the results show the core clock boosted to 950mhz.

"GeForce GTX 660M (835MHz), 1024MB (2500MHz) GDDR5, Boost: 950 MHz"

660m boost.JPG

If notebookcheck are using this for their benchmark results it must be safe? well as safe as can be. Is this type of program going to void warranties?

Just wondering if its worth having a play with...

:)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Only if you change the clock speeds of the gpu, as far as I know nvidia inspector will help you find the most optimal settings for running certain programmes as well as giving you the option to overclock the gpu.

kruppsy

Master
Only if you change the clock speeds of the gpu, as far as I know nvidia inspector will help you find the most optimal settings for running certain programmes as well as giving you the option to overclock the gpu.

So as long as the clocks stay at factory speeds im not voiding anything? That's what I assumed tbh but the fact notebookcheck are effectively giving you a result that to equal, voids your warranty, seemed really bizarre.

steaky360

Thats my understanding also, if you keep your card at stock speeds then you won't void the warranty by changing the profiles. Obviously there would be no comeback from nvidia if you encounter issues playing a game from which you have edited the settings for though.

Although when I've done this I've not encountered any issues yet.

kruppsy

Master
I may have a look then but stop short of the boost feature until my warranty has ran out.

Cheers guys.

Last edited: